Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #1 
Armani33

Bubble nest gone is my fish unhappy?

My male HM betta Armani had built a bubble nest in his tank after only having him for like a little over a week. He built another one after I did a water change in his tank so I figured my fish was happy. I recently bought a heater and thermometer saturday and I noticed his second bubble nest was gone. He hasn't built another one since. Is the heater stressing him out? Other than that he is acting normal. His water is staying at 80 degrees during the day and drops to about 78 maybe a little lower at night when his light is turned off.
Armani33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #2 
Micho

Bubble nests does not equal happiness, I'm just going to point that out.

My boy just built his first bubble nest today, he lived in a 2g for the longest time and had no swimming room and he blew bubble nests almost everyday, I upgraded him to a 2.5g with more swimming room, he's more active and he didn't build a bubble nest until today, which was around a month later.

So yeah, your fish is probably happy. :)
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #3 
nicebear24

Some Bettas don't make them all the time, and when they don't it doesn't mean that they aren't happy. Some times at first they make like 2-3 bubble nests and than they don't make any for the longest times! Don't worry, your betta is happy.
nicebear24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #4 
Rosso1011

I agree with nicebear. I also have a betta who will blow very tiny bubble nests and they disappear almost immediately. I honestly think he's popping them or is just a very poor bubble nest blower.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #5 
Shadyr

I have two males that blow great fancy foamy bubble nests when they feel up to it. I have one that makes a "carpet of bubbles" type nest. And I have one who has yet to make one at all. Seems to be mostly related to the betta himself and not so much his happiness, cause all four of mine are active and interested in their surroundings. As a matter of fact, Mr. No Nest is the most active/wiggly of them all.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #6 
Pataflafla

Definitely depends on the betta. I've seen bettas almost dead in their cup, but they've had a bubblenest going.

I've got one male who builds them constantly and another that only builds them right before a water change (I swear he likes to be uncomfortable since he'll wait so long to even start one).

I've even got one betta who will only make a nest under a certain leaf on a certain plant.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #7 
Armani33

okay thanks for the info Armani currently has a nice foamy nest in the only spot he makes them which is right behind his filter. My other Betta Georgio makes super tiny ones lol
Armani33 is offline   Reply With Quote