I was getting ready to throw out the algae infested clump of moss I have and I decided to look at the disgusting algae one last time. Low and behold there is a little seed pod sticking out of it, and the inside of the pod looks dark.
It's coming off the one tiny bit of moss that isn't covered in nasty algae! Probably new growth that hasn't had time to be smothered.
I'm just wondering if I should clip it off and throw it in a separate container so if it does make seeds or whatever, it doesn't get smothered... Or if I will kill any chance of it surviving if I do that.