Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #41 
Sena Hansler

I have a 10th tank now Most I am not even using. I am only using four currently.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #42 
Bettatastic

I currently have 15 bettas. So here are the tanks: 2 6.6 bookshelf tanks divided in two, 5 2.5 gallon tanks, 1 3 gallon, 3 2 gallon and 2 1.5 gallon. As far as water changes go I alternate alot. I do two 50% and one 100% per week on all the tanks. They aren't cycled and I can't seem to grow any plants. I do my 100% change on Thurs on the 3 gallon, 5 2.5's and 2 1.5's. On friday I do my 50% on my 6.6 tanks and 100% on my 3 2 gallon tanks. On sunday I do my 50% on the 3 gallon, 5 2.5's and 2 1.5's and 3 2 gallons. On monday I do 100% change on 6.6 gallon tanks. And on Weds. I do 50% changes for all of them. And repeat lol. Sometimes there are slight changes in the schedule but with full time college and work, this seems to work well.
Bettatastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #43 
MrVampire181

I'm currently building a barrack system to house 80 bettas. I have about 100 right now. Mine should look something like these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR9TvdndzBA
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:47 AM   #44 
Aurie

I have a 10 gallon species tank for WCMM

a 10 gallon divided with Ted and Regulus (Reg flares at Ted, Ted could care less)

Ted used to be in the 2.5 gallon, but now he's in the 10 so my pretty pink/blue girly is in the new 5.5 where Ted's 2.5 used to be in the kitchen and the 2.5 is empty on the shelf with me having the want to get yet another, but probably going to use it for a hospital tank.

for water changes, mine used to be EASY at my old house, .. gravel vac right out the window onto the side garden! I'd just fill up a 5 gallon bucket, dose with the regular stuff and dump back in, replace fish. Now I have 0 windows in my dining room where most of my tanks are :( .. into the bucket I guess!

I'd love to have one of those siphons that hook up to my faucet .. *dreams*
Aurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:15 AM   #45 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
:) I love all the info. I think I had 3 or 4 bettas when I started this thread and today I got my 6th. I still have more tanks than fish though, so I am ok. I had a minor setback trying to customize a divider for my 10 gallon tank I got during the Petco $1/gallon sale .. . but I'll read up on making your own dividers and try that out.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #46 
LittleWatty

A great thread to read, especially for someone living in an apartment that totals about 150 sqft XD I've got my one 6.6 gallon that I'm loathed to split, but the spot its sitting in could easily house a 20 gallon, and I have another spot that should fit a 6.6 gallon. I'm going to Petco tomorrow if they get their betta shipment in, so I might come home with two or three new boys XD
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote