Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #1 
helms97

several questions, what should i do?

yesterday i did a 100% water change (it was well needed) on my 10 gallon tank. when i went to check on my betta in the tupperware container i was keeping him in i noticedhe wasnt there! after searching i saw him laying on my windowsill moving his gills so i quickly got him back in the water. he used to swim all over before but now he just chills on the ground in his tank, but why? is he still in shock or something? think he'll make it? i've had the little guy for about a month and i really like him! ill post pics of him and his home, also feel free to pick out names!
*pics looks dark due to black sand and a black background, i also have a green light so i hopefully wont get algae, again*

oops, didnt realize it but i think this is the wrong section, sorry!
Attached Images

Last edited by helms97; 07-18-2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: wrong area
helms97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #2 
ao
TFK Moderator

I would suggest to leave him alone and keep his tank dark. if you have any IALs that would be great in helpin him to recover. Most bettas are able to recover from being out of water soon, however keep an eye out in case his condition worsens. If his condition does happen to worse, slowly acclimatize him to a salt treatment. (1-3tsp/gal).
Also make sure to keep him warm.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #3 
helms97

thank you aokashi! but i have a question that mey sound a bit dumb: what are IALs?
helms97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #4 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by helms97 View Post
thank you aokashi! but i have a question that mey sound a bit dumb: what are IALs?
Oh sorry! Indian almond leaves. Oak leaves that have naturally browned and fallen off, thoroughly washed and cleaned will also work. so will 100% rooibos tea. These release tannins which helps the betta recover.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote