Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #1 
Bettanewbie60

What is my new boy?

Here is "Buster beau"...is he a VT? Someone said he may be a marble too, is that a color pattern? He's still adjusting to being with us, so I know he unclamp a bit, and probably color up some more. thanks for any info on his identity!
Attached Images

Last edited by Bettanewbie60; 07-18-2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Forgot pic
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #2 
Bettanewbie60

Are his gills too red? I'm such a worrying mom.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #3 
TheCrabbyTabby

Yup. That's a marble veiltail, and a lovely one at that.

And his gills look fine to me. I think its just the contrast against the pale body that makes them stand out.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #4 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
Yup. That's a marble veiltail, and a lovely one at that.

And his gills look fine to me. I think its just the contrast against the pale body that makes them stand out.
sigh of relief...thank you so much. I think he's lovely. I just worry so much about them. I have three now, and I only started a month ago lol! He is my most recent, and he is still quite jittery. I can't wait until he relaxes so I can too...I never thought I would be so obsessed with fish! This is all so new to me...
Old 07-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #5 
CharStarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettanewbie60 View Post
sigh of relief...thank you so much. I think he's lovely. I just worry so much about them. I have three now, and I only started a month ago lol! He is my most recent, and he is still quite jittery. I can't wait until he relaxes so I can too...I never thought I would be so obsessed with fish! This is all so new to me...
I think you're doing great as a betta mom! I just started not too long ago myself and Im in the same boat as you are. I have just one betta, Kudo, right now but oh my I worry about him too. Your betta is SO handsome and he's lucky to have a mom like you! I never knew I could be so obsessed with fish either, but it is so addicting isn't it? I'm already trying to figure out how to break it to my husband I want another one LOL!
CharStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #6 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharStarr View Post
I think you're doing great as a betta mom! I just started not too long ago myself and Im in the same boat as you are. I have just one betta, Kudo, right now but oh my I worry about him too. Your betta is SO handsome and he's lucky to have a mom like you! I never knew I could be so obsessed with fish either, but it is so addicting isn't it? I'm already trying to figure out how to break it to my husband I want another one LOL!
Thanks for the encouragement CharStarr...I got "Buddy Blue" at the end of June..and added "Bella Bay" just about a week ago..and "Buster Beau" a day or two later...my hubby just sighs, and tries to keep me out of the fish section of the stores lol. I think three will have to do for now...hubby is looking for work, and so am I. Besides, I want to get into a rhythm with water changes etc. so I can care for them all the way they deserve. Congrats on joining the "betta revolution" lol!
Old 07-19-2012, 06:22 AM   #7 
toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettanewbie60 View Post
I never thought I would be so obsessed with fish! This is all so new to me...
I know! I started on the last day of March, and now I have 2. I'm dying for a third one, in addition to filling my currently empty 20 gal. tank

ETA: Your boy is ~gorgeous~!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
indentify