Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #1 
Bettanewbie60
Member
 
Bettanewbie60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Coastal Georgia
What is my new boy?

Here is "Buster beau"...is he a VT? Someone said he may be a marble too, is that a color pattern? He's still adjusting to being with us, so I know he unclamp a bit, and probably color up some more. thanks for any info on his identity!
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Bettanewbie60; 07-18-2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Forgot pic
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #2 
Bettanewbie60
Member
 
Bettanewbie60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Coastal Georgia
Are his gills too red? I'm such a worrying mom.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #3 
TheCrabbyTabby
Member
 
TheCrabbyTabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Yup. That's a marble veiltail, and a lovely one at that.

And his gills look fine to me. I think its just the contrast against the pale body that makes them stand out.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #4 
Bettanewbie60
Member
 
Bettanewbie60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Coastal Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
Yup. That's a marble veiltail, and a lovely one at that.

And his gills look fine to me. I think its just the contrast against the pale body that makes them stand out.
sigh of relief...thank you so much. I think he's lovely. I just worry so much about them. I have three now, and I only started a month ago lol! He is my most recent, and he is still quite jittery. I can't wait until he relaxes so I can too...I never thought I would be so obsessed with fish! This is all so new to me...
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #5 
CharStarr
New Member
 
CharStarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettanewbie60 View Post
sigh of relief...thank you so much. I think he's lovely. I just worry so much about them. I have three now, and I only started a month ago lol! He is my most recent, and he is still quite jittery. I can't wait until he relaxes so I can too...I never thought I would be so obsessed with fish! This is all so new to me...
I think you're doing great as a betta mom! I just started not too long ago myself and Im in the same boat as you are. I have just one betta, Kudo, right now but oh my I worry about him too. Your betta is SO handsome and he's lucky to have a mom like you! I never knew I could be so obsessed with fish either, but it is so addicting isn't it? I'm already trying to figure out how to break it to my husband I want another one LOL!
CharStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #6 
Bettanewbie60
Member
 
Bettanewbie60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Coastal Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharStarr View Post
I think you're doing great as a betta mom! I just started not too long ago myself and Im in the same boat as you are. I have just one betta, Kudo, right now but oh my I worry about him too. Your betta is SO handsome and he's lucky to have a mom like you! I never knew I could be so obsessed with fish either, but it is so addicting isn't it? I'm already trying to figure out how to break it to my husband I want another one LOL!
Thanks for the encouragement CharStarr...I got "Buddy Blue" at the end of June..and added "Bella Bay" just about a week ago..and "Buster Beau" a day or two later...my hubby just sighs, and tries to keep me out of the fish section of the stores lol. I think three will have to do for now...hubby is looking for work, and so am I. Besides, I want to get into a rhythm with water changes etc. so I can care for them all the way they deserve. Congrats on joining the "betta revolution" lol!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:22 AM   #7 
toad
Member
 
toad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettanewbie60 View Post
I never thought I would be so obsessed with fish! This is all so new to me...
I know! I started on the last day of March, and now I have 2. I'm dying for a third one, in addition to filling my currently empty 20 gal. tank

ETA: Your boy is ~gorgeous~!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
indentify

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.