Who else here loves to bake? Oddly enough, I hate cooking, but love to bake. Maybe its because baking always yields such "sweet" results.
Right now, I have a peach cobbler baking in the oven, and it was an easy recipe I found on the net:
Original Recipe Yield 1 - 9 inch cobbler
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh peaches
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Melt butter in a 9 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Blend together flour, baking powder, sugar, and milk.
- Pour batter in baking dish over the butter. Sprinkle fruit on top of the batter, do not stir. Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.
I can't wait for it to be done so I can "sample" it. A good baker always samples their food to make sure it tastes good.