Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #21 
misterBetta22

i would giv the little guy some lov and a little hope. then some for SERIOUS BUSINESS ok first giv it as much of a tank u can afford!! AS MUCH!!!!!! and then giv it nutritious food. i wouldnt giv it live food that are swimming all over the place while the betta eats cuz like thats k---illing animals and life is value. btw it CAN hav parasites all over the place. i would giv it these moss ball things that are now availible at petsmart! they are easy to care just simply giv it clean fresh water. ANYWAYS back the BUSINESS. if its sick giv it KOSHER salt or AQUARIUM salt k? good. now for the real real real stuff. dont bother it too much or else hes just gonna ignore ya. k? got it? gr8 now for my ques. how do u start out a forum?!!?!!? ;) thnxxxxxxx <3 and i hope u had a great day with the fish! remember dont K I LL IT if its sick k? PPL DO THAT !!!!! no lie.
misterBetta22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #22 
Calypso77

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterBetta22 View Post
i would giv the little guy some lov and a little hope. then some for SERIOUS BUSINESS ok first giv it as much of a tank u can afford!! AS MUCH!!!!!! and then giv it nutritious food. i wouldnt giv it live food that are swimming all over the place while the betta eats cuz like thats k---illing animals and life is value. btw it CAN hav parasites all over the place. i would giv it these moss ball things that are now availible at petsmart! they are easy to care just simply giv it clean fresh water. ANYWAYS back the BUSINESS. if its sick giv it KOSHER salt or AQUARIUM salt k? good. now for the real real real stuff. dont bother it too much or else hes just gonna ignore ya. k? got it? gr8 now for my ques. how do u start out a forum?!!?!!? ;) thnxxxxxxx <3 and i hope u had a great day with the fish! remember dont K I LL IT if its sick k? PPL DO THAT !!!!! no lie.
If you have a question of your own you need to start your own thread.
Calypso77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #23 
Shadyr

Bettafix is basically just an antiseptic. I personally think it's useful if used sparingly to help with things like torn fins or a missing scale...but it's not the "cure anything betta related" that pet store people present it as.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:49 PM   #24 
ao
TFK Moderator

No one has corrected this yet so I'll advise you on smaller containers since I seem to specialize in those right now. lolol

with 1 gallon do 50% half weekly water change and 100% at the end of the week. you need the 100% to prevent ammonia build up, or you can do back to back 90% instead of 100%( leaving just enough water for fish to swim comfortably in).

5pellets a day is more fitting for a fish. but for a fish that is sick I would recommend less. maybe around 3 1mm pellets a day until he recovers.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #25 
LebronTheBetta

First off, Bettafix can harm his labyrinth organ. Even Melafix can. I wouldn't suggest anything with fix as the suffix. Make sure to use nothing with tea tree oil. For feeding, it depends on your pellets. 6 should be the maximum for a day if your pellets are micro sized.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:32 AM   #26 
Maura

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
For feeding, it depends on your pellets. 6 should be the maximum for a day if your pellets are micro sized.
Agreed, 10 pellets a day is way too much for a normal-sized fish. Even my giant only eats 8 per day total (and sometimes less than that).

Get the temperature up to around 80, ditch anything "medication" ending in -fix, and up your water changes to make sure his water is pristine. Oh, and don't forget to add water conditioner!

If you can, take a sample of your tank water to a pet store and ask to have your water tested. If they test it and just say "Looks alright," please ask for specific levels (pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, hardness, alkalinity) and let us know what they are.

To me, the photo, along with the description sounds like a combination of overfeeding and poor water quality. Once you get both of those under control, you should be good to go.
Maura is offline   Reply With Quote