Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #42851 
Sakura8

Shetland ponies. Ridiculously intelligent and more stubborn than donkeys. I was almost kicked by one. She also threw me by running out of control toward a jump and then refusing it. Went right over her head, somersaulted and landed half on my feet and half on my butt at the feet of another horse. Dang lucky I wasn't trampled.

It's okay, not everyone likes every animal. :) I don't care for primates very much but a lot of people think they're cute.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #42852 
TheCrabbyTabby

Oops. Forgot to add Dechlorinator into the snails' water when I put them in. I added a some a little bit later though. So all should be good.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #42853 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Horses sound like jerks a lot of the time.
After I'm done working on my cat/dog/small animal vet time I'm headed over to a large animal vet though. Yes I'm nuts. I just need to experience everything! Dog acupuncture is pretty cool, the dog can lay down when the needles are in and nothing happens. O.O
Anyways it was a pretty crazy day. We're the vet's office that gets all the humane society and SPCA animals.. :( not good times.
Posted via Mobile Device
Horses sorta act much like humans
dramatic to almost everything
curious about everything
very smart, strong and yet so gentle
and also can demand respect. tho there are some horses who are very reserved.
my mare is very reserved. my gelding, hes a whole nother world.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #42854 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
And I burned my elbow on the heater in the kritter keeper.
I've touched my 5.5 gallon's heater and it was warm but never burned me. Outside the water it got HOT fast.

I wonder if 3-4 50W hydros could heat a 75 gallon perfectly....I don't wanna get the recommended size and have it get stuck on and fry my fishys.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #42855 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I almost got a heart attack when I saw the farlowella sucking on the heater. I pushed him off of it...
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #42856 
djembekah

fish like to give you heart attacks. i swear, they think it's fun
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #42857 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Horses sorta act much like humans
dramatic to almost everything
curious about everything
very smart, strong and yet so gentle
and also can demand respect. tho there are some horses who are very reserved.
my mare is very reserved. my gelding, hes a whole nother world.
Exactly! The paint mare I worked with so sweet but very shy while a big old warmblood gelding loved to use me as a scratching post. (not fun if he pushes you into barbed wire) One horse who I rode when taking lessons as a kid was high strung and tend to run away; another could be trusted with the most raw beginner.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #42858 
Aahnay

I adopted my mustang when he was 5, and brought in in a round up. He was king of the pile! He and another, much older and more scars, fought over the pile.

They made me put a halter and a thick rope, with knot on one end, through the halter before I could take him home. I gentled him. I used, 'big eyes' technique.

On the third day home, he had such a huge sore on his chin from that darn knot, I went in his pen. He stood still, I walked to him, and slowly, but purposefuly grabbed the knot and pulled it.

The sound freaked him out, but he stood still, and didnt try to kill me! From that day on, I was allowed inside with him. I did give him blue corn on the cob too. He loved it.

I never made join up with him till the last day of his life. I was a sucker for this guy, named BB.

I had a shetland too. If you tapped his rear, or patted it, hed buck you off. It was fun once i figured it out. lol. He came when you called him, and Id get a ride out to change the irrigation. He was so funny.

My arabian mare kicked me in the eyebrow once. She was like the most gentle mare ever, yet i did get kicked, when I first brought her close to the mustang. She was too excited. Took some time before I could leave them together.

She bothered him so..

You cannot be afraid around animals, they all can sense that. Hmmm, maybe that fish senses my fear of his spidy fins....

Last edited by Sakura8; 07-19-2012 at 06:17 PM. Reason: language
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #42859 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Gonna give Mocha a bath.. starting to get stinky. She hates water hehe. This should be fun.

I think the thing that made me most annoyed at horses was all those crazy horse people that are like nooo don't slaughter horses boohoo! Like, why is a horse so superior to a cow or pig that we can't slaughter it? pfft.

funny we started talking about horses and now my page is filled with horse ads...
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #42860 
Sakura8

I love mustangs. They just recently had a wild mustang/burro adoption drive. I wanted one of each.

Here's a few pics.

First, meet Fabio, the king. He's still very nervous and he won't unclamp when I'm around but you can see how gorgeous his dorsal is.
Name:  Fabio.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  36.3 KB

Next, Anju is wondering "Who put this freeloading oto in here? And dang, there are two more of 'em!"
Name:  Anju and Oto.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  44.7 KB

And Silverfang, my snail expert, what is this? Sometimes he sticks it out almost half an inch.
Name:  Snail.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  28.2 KB

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese