Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-12-2008, 07:43 PM   #41 
stephenmontero

thats great man betta's are so cool and soon you'll be posting again on how to get a bigger tank lol
stephenmontero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #42 
Flashygrrl

Re: Betta: mom vs dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggadane
When you have a chance, like at dinner, ask mom, IN FRONTof dad, why she said no. This is the mature approach. You let dad and mom know you dont want to play one against the other, and you respect eachs opinion.
Every time I did that as a kid that just made the parent that was going to let me have whatever or do whatever decide that maybe I shouldn't be allowed to.
Flashygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:19 AM   #43 
studioskim3

haha.... I would just buy one and they will have to deal with it... HAHHAA and they do... and they LOVE my betta... they treat him with more attention then with me or my brother. They are keeping track of my cycling of a 14 gal too. hahaha... they're like $3-$4... just get one.... find a large tank (remember NOTHING has to be in that tank other than water... chemicals can kill the betta) and just keep good water changes :) g'luck!
studioskim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:04 PM   #44 
beetlebz

this is SUCH an easy fix. hold her cat hostage :D lol nah seriously dont do that. In fact, dont take any advice from me ever. Unless it involves bobble head dolls.

what?

nah just rake some yards, get all the cash for it by saving your dough, its pretty hard to say no when you hold up a wad of cash and say something like "see? I can buy it myself". If that doesnt work charm dad into charming mom ;)

dude, im 26 years old and I STILL get yelled at for adopting new animals!
beetlebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:20 AM   #45 
iamntbatman

The way I got into stuff like this as a kid was to just nerd it up. If you spend a lot of time on this site and other sites and really become a "fish geek," it will help. Just talk about fish all the time and talk about the nitrogen cycle and the needs a betta has and whatnot. If you can show your parents that you're really interested in fish keeping as a hobby and that you will be serious about it, they'll be more inclined to let you have one. If they just think you want a fish as one of those childish whims, then they assume that you'll stop taking care of it after a few weeks.

As a kid, this worked for me with pets, guitar... all sorts of things.
iamntbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:22 PM   #46 
missfish1996

Well this is what I did I saved up some of my babysitting money the tank the gravel the plant and the fish,cost me like 30 bucks.. and then I asked my mom and since I bought it with my own money she agreed.
missfish1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #47 
briggadane

Getting that betta:

OK< seems your getting alot of the same thing over and over. Let us know when you get that betta?

Would love to see pictures!
briggadane is offline   Reply With Quote