Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #1891 
Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyzzaRyzz View Post
Ive always wanted to go noodling, though now i dont! I had no idea they would be with babies/eggs when you do that!
I wanted to go because there was no hook involved, and seemed like no real pain to the catfish, except stress at being yanked outta their cave, and photographed...
=[ That makes me sad, cause i really wanted to do that some day...
It's much more fun on a rod and reel. I use what is called a circle hook....it is designed to hook the fish in the side of the mouth/jaw 100% of the time so there is 0% chance of the fishing swallowing the hook and damaging their insides...while I won't sit here and say that the fish will feel no pain{ I have no proof for this, tho there have been studies done that say cat fish have no pain receptors in their mouths. I'm not sure if I believe it or not.} I do know for a fact it is less stressful on the fish than grabbing them by the jaws and forcing a rope through their gills and then yanking them out of a hole.
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:05 PM   #1892 
lvandert

fair enough. Besides then you get to fight them on the end of a line!
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #1893 
Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
fair enough. Besides then you get to fight them on the end of a line!
And there is no bigger rush than fighting a 50+ lb fish on light tackle....well...there probably is but I'm sure it would be illegal.
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #1894 
lvandert

lol i bet not!
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:48 AM   #1895 
LyzzaRyzz

Oh, i always assumed you just dragged em up with your hand? Like, you stick your foor down there til it bites, then dive down and grab it in the mouth with your hand, and wrestle it up...
Guess i was wrong!
Putting a rope into its gills is just wrong!
When i used to go fishing with my dad, and hed do that to a fish we caught, i rigged up a net to a tree, in the water, so they could swim, but not have a rope in them...i always hated that..
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:03 AM   #1896 
Bettanewbie60

My husband and I were out fishing one night. It was a full moon, and you could see schools of fish under the surface, and a shark circling them. We had given up trying to catch anything, no bites, so hubby thought he would be funny and take the glo stick off the end of his rod and tie it on in place of the hook...he threw it in the water, and that dang shark went right for it...swallowed the glo stick and of course cut the line...we were shocked!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:41 AM   #1897 
betta lover1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
@BL15~I thought that was a headband..until I enlarged the pic..lol..from my phone..very cute:)
XDD

sassy is a sweet girl :3 and thanks, sassy reminds me of my past girl named "sophie" :*( i miss sophie
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:00 AM   #1898 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Why are we all posting pictures of ourselfs I do not know much about social skills.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #1899 
Laki

@chocolate, sometimes when you're on a forum for a while you get to know some of the regular members. But sometimes you only know them as far as their avatar picture goes. So this is an open thread where we can post pics of ourselves and the other members can kind of grasp it for their mental image. Like, for instance, Ivandert used to be a bicolored plakat to me (lol) now I know what she looks like and I don't have to think of her as a fish.
There are restrictions on the type of photo you post, obviously. But it's just or fun. If you are uncomfortable doing so, you don't have to! Because with any site, once you post a picture on the internet it is tagged by google spiders and it is accessible for anyone to see.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #1900 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrysCat View Post
I've changed so much since I last posted piccies xD And be warned: I hardly ever smile.

My eyes are totally natural, as is my hair color. I braid my hairs at night to make it wavy.
OMG you remind me of Emma Stone!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote