Betta Fish Forum banner

Why are betta's stupid and jump out of their cups?

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  vilmarisv 
#1 ·
Leo jumped out of his cup and now he is ignoring me after I saved him. :evil:

#4 ·
Ha I had a girl that jumped out of the hole in the lid and landed in another girls cup. I am not even lieing I have a thread about it with pics of them together in a cup. I left them on my desk cupped for about 2 hours when I was rearanging because I had to go to the store and came home to find out that Patty jumped out of her cup and over the gap and into shirley's hole. Talk about a fishy panic attack on my part.

#7 ·
I believe that they jump in the wild, if it is the dry season and their water area gets too small... I could be wrong, so don't quote me on that!

This is exactly why I cringe when I see a betta in an open top container. While it's pretty, I'd be absolutely paranoid about it.

#13 ·
Yup. No matter how small. Had a 3/4 x 1 inch opening in one of my tanks a loooong time ago and the fish was able to jump through.

The females in my sorority jump... a lot. I have floating plants in their tank and today during feeding on of them landed on a leaf. She was there wiggling for a minute or so until she got herself back in the water... it was funny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.