Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #1 
lvandert

Bring it world! I'm ready for you!

Ok so I've had a bunch of bad luck recently. First our hours got cut at work and I've been giving my hours to my bf so he can make rent. Our stove shorted out and welded itself Our door got caught in a gust of wind and ripped the screws out that held it to the spring. Our new little bunny got an upper respiratory infection. we have to kick our roommate out. Our bedroom window doesn't seal and leaks into our room when it rains, and now our bathroom lights wont turn on. The fan works just not the light.

Some of these things have been fixed already but I had called the land lord about the last three. in his words "Well it sounds like you guys are having a run of bad luck, and I don't like that. I'll come over this weekend and take a look at things but I'm not happy with the house. We'll have to have a talk and I'm not sure how things will turn out." and he sounded mad.

From the sounds of it we're going to be kicked out. We haven't broke the lease, we've kept the place as clean as we can with an extra person living in the house (that doesn't clean up after himself). I've let him know EVERYTHING that happens in the house because that was our agreement. I'm really hoping we don't get kicked but then again I do. I don't want to be living here if he doesn't want us living here. Our lease is up in the middle of February, I'd rather get kicked out now and move in the summer vs moving in the winter, again...

Here's the video of the window leaking with a hose on low (let alone a good rain storm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDU67...ature=youtu.be

there is also a picture of the stove after it shorted out.

our plan of attack? If he doesn't evict us then we're going to ask if we can move out sooner rather than later. He can keep the security deposit as collateral (sucky because we'll loose 700 dollars but whatever at this point). We're going to get a bigger 2-3 bedroom house with a different VERY close friend. One I've been friends with for a few years and has seen us through everything we go through. Unfortunately we cannot get into a bigger/better place without a third person so we'll see what happens.

edit:our car window was shattered recently too
Attached Images

Last edited by lvandert; 07-19-2012 at 02:31 PM.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry about all your bad luck. I hope things get better.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #3 
Bacon Is Good

Stuff hapens for a reason let it play out and it will get better.
Bacon Is Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #4 
toad

Awww :( So sorry to hear about all that! I hope that you are able to get out of your current lease and into a new (not broken?!) house.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:15 AM   #5 
lvandert

I hope so too. We're hoping he was jsut having a bad day and over reacted to it. If he wont let us renew the lease, evicts us on the spot, says we're not holding up our part of the lease or says I need to loose the fish/cage the bird then we're going to find a new place. And after some talking with people, unless we've damaged the house in any way, (which as far as I can tell, outside of a few small light carpet stains, we haven't) we're going to expect our full security deposit back. I plan on taking a video of the house when we leave, in case he tries to say he HAD to replace this and deducts it from the deposit, we can out him on it in court. We really don't have any ties to this guy (he's been our landlord for 6 months) so if he wants to play "who can screw over who" game, it's on.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #6 
thekinetic

Well most of those things are easy to fix. :D Sounds like the door just needs some epoxy to hold the screws in, the window needs new weather stripping, and the fanlight is just shorted out (I should know it happened to me) and you can either A) take the light fixture apart and try to resolder the wires or B) go to home depot and buy a $26 ceiling fan (like we did). The stove however sounds like it's done, and the bunny just needs some wuv and tlc. ^_^

You have had it rough though, *big hugs*, just try to soldier on!:)
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #7 
lvandert

I am. The sad part is we know its all easy fixes its just he wants us to call him every time something goes wrong. And every time we call him and tell him we know how to fix it he always is like "oh no, its no problem I'll come do it in a couple days".
Old 07-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #8 
lvandert

well there's today's kick in the pants. I'm not eligible for fafsa this year for school. My parents "own too much". Here's hoping the school will offer me something
Old 07-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #9 
toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
well there's today's kick in the pants. I'm not eligible for fafsa this year for school. My parents "own too much". Here's hoping the school will offer me something

What? Not cool, so sorry
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #10 
lvandert

well yesterday was the relief I was looking for. The landlord came over and realized the things wrong weren't our faults, my bf finished the calculus 3 summer course with most likely an A and I worked a half shift last night. We're also going to be working like mad folk this weekend, it may not be the hours we want but its hours. The crappy roomie has less than a week before he's out, and after helping my friend move for the 3rd time I think she's finally in a place to stay.