Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #6761 
mjoy79

My 3 male crowntails are all moved in to the 3-way divided 15 gallon tank. I need to replace the top though because I broke it! Right now it has a makeshift cover (from the bookshelf tank I have), plus some extra covering. Need to go to petco.
Attached Images

Last edited by mjoy79; 07-19-2012 at 05:48 PM.
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #6762 
Ghost Handler

Some have called me para-normal..haha. But yes, the fish in my avatar is called Draugur; that's Icelandic for ghost. I didn't want to just call him ghost in English, so I went to google translate and tried a bunch of different languages. Just thought the Icelandic word had a good ring.

Glad you like the tank. Still hoping to plant it out a bit more, but just letting it settle.
Ghost Handler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #6763 
Catie79

Think I'm finally done messing with the divided ten gallon and have all the plants in place.

The water wisteria on Lucky's side (the marble on the right) has gone bonkers! I love the roots hanging down, they give him more to interact with. Fly's side has the new hornwort which will hopefully grow in and give him some additional cover. The white things in the back are saucers my shrimp have as emergency bunkers should they ever need them. The openings are too little for the bettas to get in. Not that my boys bother hunting them, but there have been arguments over sinking pellets.
Catie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #6764 
Silverfang

I love it Catie! I love those saucers even more... woulda helped my boys out so much.

What kind of plant is the short grass? I'd love to have some in my tank.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #6765 
Orpheus92

Hello, this is my new tank with 7 girls ! They seem to be hiding in the picture, but I have some very pretty gals with long fins and beautiful blue and red colours!
Orpheus92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #6766 
teeneythebetta

Angry

Nice sorority! How many gallons is it?

Lol don't mind the mad face up there ^ I guess I accidentally did that... I can't figure out how to fix it xD
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #6767 
Catie79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
I love it Catie! I love those saucers even more... woulda helped my boys out so much.

What kind of plant is the short grass? I'd love to have some in my tank.
Those are microswords. I think they're starting to spread now that they're established and I added root tabs. I'd love to have them take over the bottom of the tank.
Catie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #6768 
Orpheus92

Thank you (!), It's a 10 gallon tank. :) They've already established some sort of wacky pecking order, and the dominant one is a little instigator! Teehee!
Orpheus92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #6769 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus92 View Post
Hello, this is my new tank with 7 girls ! They seem to be hiding in the picture, but I have some very pretty gals with long fins and beautiful blue and red colours!
Please be sure to double check their gender. Males are very aggressive and it is quite rare for females to have long tails
Lastly, just for sake of the girls(if they turn out to really be girls) I'd upgrade to a 15 gallon or a 20 gallon long. The space gives them more territory to claim as their own and more space to hide in. I *think* your 10 gallon is min size. But I feel they would be more comfortable in the larger tank to establish their own space.
I love the scenery you have going. I have that same gator skull. My Spike wuves it ;)
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #6770 
Jake3698

This is my tank and my new fish PoPo, just put him in about thirty minutes ago. He has been exploring his small home nonstop. It is only about 2 gallons, i do not have room for much else yet, hoping to upgrade him to a five gallon with a couple other random fish later on.
Attached Images

Jake3698 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank