Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-20-2012, 12:03 AM   #61 
CandiceMM

Juno takes my breath away!! He is stunning and I would love to have one like him :) I also love doing photography and have been messing with lighting and types of bowls to photograph in. Can you give me any tips? Do you use natural lighting? I would love to know how you capture such amazing photos.
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:58 AM   #62 
inareverie85

Oh, thank you, Candice. :)

I use acrylic Pet Keepers from Petco, both for them to live and as photo tanks. For the fussier fish, you sometimes need to get them situated in the photo tank hours before the shoot. :)

I would love to take them outside for photos (because, yes, I do use natural sunlight), but my fish room is upstairs so that I can more easily control the temperature. Soooo, I have a small table in front of a window, and that's where I set up. :)

As far as getting these poses, I don't do anything special. I let my fish swim around and do what they do, and I snap pictures. :)

Most of them, to be honest, are doing their "FEED ME" dance. :P They are rewarded well after I've taken the photos, of course!
inareverie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #63 
CandiceMM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by inareverie85 View Post
Oh, thank you, Candice. :)

I use acrylic Pet Keepers from Petco, both for them to live and as photo tanks. For the fussier fish, you sometimes need to get them situated in the photo tank hours before the shoot. :)

I would love to take them outside for photos (because, yes, I do use natural sunlight), but my fish room is upstairs so that I can more easily control the temperature. Soooo, I have a small table in front of a window, and that's where I set up. :)

As far as getting these poses, I don't do anything special. I let my fish swim around and do what they do, and I snap pictures. :)

Most of them, to be honest, are doing their "FEED ME" dance. :P They are rewarded well after I've taken the photos, of course!

It is very kind of you to get back so quickly and share your tips, I have been doing photography for a couple years now but mostly still life and sunsets. Im new to little swimming fish lol, but I am going to master it darn it!!! lol. I will play with lighting and try and find the best place, one last question. Do you use a macro lens? I have been but for some reason im finding a bit difficult to get the whole fish in focus. Any tips on your lens or settings? Again thanks a ton!!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote