Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #11 
DiiQue

Cool. So i took the plunge and went for the Aqueon Evolve 8. My wife has been making fun of me because all I've been looking at were tanks all day. LOL. I can't wait to set it up when it arrives. Now I have to find something for the 1.5 gallon since it's all set up nicely just waiting for fish. Gonna try and find some ghost shrimp this weekend.
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:13 AM   #12 
Gen2387

I have the Tetra 1.5 gallons and my fish loves it. I bought the Theo Hydor 25W heater and it fits/works perfectly in the tank. Doesn't take too much space. I can post pic later this afternoon.
Gen2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #13 
noellezim

yeah but not as happy as a 3 or 5 gallon.
noellezim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:05 PM   #14 
Bettatastic

I have two 1.5 tetra tanks. Both of my boys love them. Just make sure they have a hiding place, a few plants and warm, clean water that you change frequently and they will do fine. You can go bigger, its really up to you and the amount of time you want to spend cleaning.
Bettatastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #15 
DiiQue

I decided on a bigger tank, though am not ruling out doing a local rescue next time I go to the mall and place that one in the 1.5g. It's really nicely set up and I'm sure any fish would be happy in its current configuration (definitely beats those tiny cups their in). I opted for the bigger tank mainly so I could have a cycled tank (never had one before so am intrigued on getting one to work).
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:17 PM   #16 
LyzzaRyzz

Baffling the filter output is a great idea, even on a slow moving filter. Tie a plastic plant to it, and itll flow very nicely! Ive made baffles out of plastic bottles, filter pads, and whaterver i could use, though i find the plant decorations, or even real plants [the right type] works better IMO, and looks better..
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #17 
goldfishyman

I have 10 of those tetra 1.5 LED tanks with the little impeller pumps on the bottom. I make custom filter material that baffles the water flow and I put a foam filter underneath to keep the betta from getting sucked into the intake. I Made a divider and house 2 bettas in each tank. Because of my filter I have no ammonia and can probably go with out water changes for a few weeks. I make sure all food is eaten and suck out poop twice daily.
goldfishyman is offline   Reply With Quote