Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2012, 12:30 AM   #31 
LebronTheBetta

I always liked Paint Horses. I wondered how much they cost but I never wanted to own one. It's all about the kicks, and room, and... Poopy.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #32 
Sapphoira

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
I always liked Paint Horses. I wondered how much they cost but I never wanted to own one. It's all about the kicks, and room, and... Poopy.
I grew up in Colorado, so it was all about paints and QB's. They aren't especially more pricey than other types of horses, in my area there were a lot of backyard breeder type people or ranches with cow horse breeding programs so you could usually find a nice paint for a relatively low cost. Of course, they were usually green, and only partially broke.
Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #33 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphoira View Post
I grew up in Colorado, so it was all about paints and QB's. They aren't especially more pricey than other types of horses, in my area there were a lot of backyard breeder type people or ranches with cow horse breeding programs so you could usually find a nice paint for a relatively low cost. Of course, they were usually green, and only partially broke.
Partialy broke? They are drop-dead gorgeous though...

The one we were thinking of getting (he is free to good home, i don't know if i trust that lol), Is a Saddlebred Black Gelding with white blaze and stockings. He is 17 yrs old(not young but not old) and a trail horse(gonna have to work him in the arena if we get him xD) and takes NO supplements or vitamins whatsoever.
The American Quarter we had had like 15 supplements, the poor baby :( .

This horse, only eats bermuda,timothy, and alfalfa, with his only supplement being flaxseed. SOunds healthy dosent he? Gonna check him out later next week
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #34 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
We have a paint at our stables. The mare is white with brown spots(she gets dirty real easy, ugggh) and has too blue icy eyes. She is beautiful, but don't let looks fool you. SHe can be quite the bugger, always trying to bolt with the rider, sometimes little bucking, and gets spooked quite easily. She is a GREAT ride though let me tell you...
Old 07-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #35 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post
We have a paint at our stables. The mare is white with brown spots(she gets dirty real easy, ugggh) and has too blue icy eyes. She is beautiful, but don't let looks fool you. SHe can be quite the bugger, always trying to bolt with the rider, sometimes little bucking, and gets spooked quite easily. She is a GREAT ride though let me tell you...
They have personality don't they? I always wanted a tanish horse with black hair. Kinda like Spirit. You know, the one in the movie. I rode this pony once, I was like 7? I was almost going to fall! It was a fair so it was going in circles. -.-
Old 07-21-2012, 04:22 PM   #36 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
They have personality don't they? I always wanted a tanish horse with black hair. Kinda like Spirit. You know, the one in the movie. I rode this pony once, I was like 7? I was almost going to fall! It was a fair so it was going in circles. -.-
Spirit is gorgeous! My favorite horses are either deep black, or light white, because i think brown is too much of a common color, i like the uniqueness of other colors. My favorite coloring (i know i sounds weird) would be a black horse with a blonde mane and tail and blue eyes. Also, a blaze and stockings :)

Falling of a horse going in circles? How is that possible? What happened? Was the girth or saddle loose? Was the horse fully singed? That but have been scary being so young, your not traumatized lol-i would be!
Old 07-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #37 
LebronTheBetta

Oh, no! I ALMOST fell. I really suck at balance so I felt like it. The pony was doing just fine. The saddle was fine and it's personality was awesome, too. My actual favorite horse is a Mustang, but ehh. Even Arabians are nice. ^^
Old 07-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #38 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Oh, no! I ALMOST fell. I really suck at balance so I felt like it. The pony was doing just fine. The saddle was fine and it's personality was awesome, too. My actual favorite horse is a Mustang, but ehh. Even Arabians are nice. ^^
O! Mustangs and Arabians...oohhh good pick :D
Old 07-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #39 
LebronTheBetta

I still need a lot more space and money for a horse so I have to wait. They need like acres to run, right? There's a ranch near me that people could ride with them and take horse trails. I wanted to go there but I'm not sure if my parents will say yes. I want to know what it feels like to ride a horse without somebody else. Just myself, you know. I also went on this field trip and the police there were riding horses. They kinda stunk, though. :/
Old 07-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #40 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
I still need a lot more space and money for a horse so I have to wait. They need like acres to run, right? There's a ranch near me that people could ride with them and take horse trails. I wanted to go there but I'm not sure if my parents will say yes. I want to know what it feels like to ride a horse without somebody else. Just myself, you know. I also went on this field trip and the police there were riding horses. They kinda stunk, though. :/
Why don't you just board your horse at a stable? Then you get all the amenities: horsey neighbors, walker, arena, jumping equipment,small arena, large trail.....

Are you not allowed to ride a hors without somebody leading it?

Boarding is VERY expensive though, heck, anything having to do with horses are expensive. But, when you love them like i do and other people, they are worth every penny! Just look at my avi, thats how i feel about horses and riding, there is never a bad day(unless you get bucked, kicked or bitten lol-well that kinda defeated my purpose...)!

Hope you can ride soon!

Last edited by MyRainbowBettaFish; 07-21-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Tags
clydesdale, horse, horseback riding, horses, quarter horse