Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #11 
jeremywadejunior

Haha silly piggy! :) I forgot to add tissue boxes. You can use empty tissue boxes to make a little hut. I works as a great chewable hangout and it's pretty much free!
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #12 
Catfish Billy

I'm thinking of making pillows by stuffing an old sock(s) with hay! Would this work?

I'm also thinking of hanging veg up for them, stuffing a toilet roll tube or two with hay (I know about making a slit so that they don't get stuck) and giving them apple tree twigs to knaw on. Rex will love them (he's the one that does all the chewing)!

EDIT: I've cut the "platform" and nailed on the box. Silly me didn't plan/measure so it doesn't fit into their run! I'll cut off an inch tomorrow....

Last edited by Catfish Billy; 07-14-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Catfish Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #13 
TheCrabbyTabby

You could make a cracker for him. Just take a toilet paper tube, stuff some hay or a treat inside, and roll a piece of paper around it and twist the ends of the paper to look like a cracker one would find at Christmas in the UK.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #14 
jeremywadejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish Billy View Post
I'm thinking of making pillows by stuffing an old sock(s) with hay! Would this work?

I'm also thinking of hanging veg up for them, stuffing a toilet roll tube or two with hay (I know about making a slit so that they don't get stuck) and giving them apple tree twigs to knaw on. Rex will love them (he's the one that does all the chewing)!

EDIT: I've cut the "platform" and nailed on the box. Silly me didn't plan/measure so it doesn't fit into their run! I'll cut off an inch tomorrow....
I think the pillow idea sounds fun! Just make sure they won't get the thread tangled in their teeth/mouths. Hanging veggies for them it a good idea too! Have you tried salt-licks? I would mount salt-licks to the side of my guinea pigs cage and he liked that! (You could hang those too!)
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #15 
Catfish Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywadejunior View Post
I think the pillow idea sounds fun! Just make sure they won't get the thread tangled in their teeth/mouths. Hanging veggies for them it a good idea too! Have you tried salt-licks? I would mount salt-licks to the side of my guinea pigs cage and he liked that! (You could hang those too!)
We once got a salt lick from a friend who's rabbit passed away... We tried it with the guinea pigs and they didn't seem to like it, but I could try again.....
Catfish Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #16 
Laki

Bleck. I'm not sure about gp's but I'm sure all the salt they need comes out of their food?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote