Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #41 
MyRainbowBettaFish

I also went on this field trip and the police there were riding horses. They kinda stunk, though. :/[/quote]

You mean mounted police? Yep, that looks like a really fun job! It is hard to get that position though, and you still have to go to police academy. Not as many mounted officers than you think, except maybe in Canada(they have the largest amount of mounted police). I would like the job, just i would be constantly worried about my safety and the horses safety, more worried about the animal though.
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #42 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post
Why don't you just board your horse at a stable? Then you get all the amenities: horsey neighbors, walker, arena, jumping equipment,small arena, large trail.....

Are you not allowed to ride a hors without somebody leading it?

Boarding is VERY expensive though, heck, anything having to do with horses are expensive. But, when you love them like i do and other people, they are worth every penny! Just look at my avi, thats how i feel about horses and riding, there is never a bad day(unless you get bucked, kicked or bitten lol-well that kinda defeated my purpose...)!

Hope you can ride soon!
I don't have a horse... I just wanted one... Sorry if I made it seem that way.. haha yes, they are worth every penny even if I don't have one. it would be really fun, though.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #43 
MoonShadow

I have been riding since I was 7, so for the last 19 years. I got my first horse when I was 16, he was a 17 year old solid red dunn appaloosa gelding named Phoenix. He is not 28, retired and living with a friend out in Kentucky. My current horse is named Amber, she just turned 8, I got her as an unbroke 4 year old and have done almost all of her training myself. She is a 16.2 Percheron/Thoroughbred cross.

A couple pictures of us from our ride today :)

MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #44 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
I don't have a horse... I just wanted one... Sorry if I made it seem that way.. haha yes, they are worth every penny even if I don't have one. it would be really fun, though.
haha no i Know you don't have one, i was inquiring that if you did you could do that. xD

They are beautiful, loving and lovable creatures. They are also very therapeutic to ride :)
Old 07-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #45 
LebronTheBetta

Oh, my bad... I feel stupid right now... Haha X'D
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #46 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
I have been riding since I was 7, so for the last 19 years. I got my first horse when I was 16, he was a 17 year old solid red dunn appaloosa gelding named Phoenix. He is not 28, retired and living with a friend out in Kentucky. My current horse is named Amber, she just turned 8, I got her as an unbroke 4 year old and have done almost all of her training myself. She is a 16.2 Percheron/Thoroughbred cross.

A couple pictures of us from our ride today :)

Your Horse is GORGEOUS!!!!

A Percheron! i LOVE Percherons! i am a big fan of the draft horses out there xD

Kudos to you for doing all that training, it is VERY hard work lol, but totally worth it !!

I also love Appaloosas!

You seem like a great rider! Nice to hear from those who are knowledgable and and even inexperienced out there! it gives my a greater perspective of horsemanship! Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #47 
Pogthefish

^^ looks like brownie!!!
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #48 
Pogthefish

BUT I noticed in the first pic that one of the saddle pads is too short and ends unde the saddle, causing a pressure point.. just pointing out..
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #49 
aqua001

A friend of mine drove all the way to FL (3 days from where she lives just to pick up a new young racehorse, as her other one was too old and retiring). Well, she was very happy when she finally came back (they drove all over the USA to get him trained) and kept me updated with what was happening at the stable where he lives. Just a few weeks ago, a "minor" injury that he had(I'm not sure what) acted up. It was not minor at all but the vet never realized. The poor horsy was on the verge of death. My friend went to the stable and checked on him for about 8 hours every day. He went through a minor surgery but did not get better. He had to take medicine daily for a long time, still not getting better. The day before yesterday, my friend was allowed, for the first time in a long time, to walk the horse and exercise him. He was still very weak and what will become of him is still unknown.

I feel really bad for the horse and my friend. I just really hope they can both pull through okay.
aqua001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:04 AM   #50 
Sapphoira

@Moonshadow - your horse is gorgeous!
Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clydesdale, horse, horseback riding, horses, quarter horse