Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-22-2012, 01:56 AM   #11 
inareverie85

My heart goes out to the little one.

And at the same time, it feels happy that someone like you came along to help. :)

You say he's having trouble swimming? If that's the case, I'd get him a floating betta log or one or two of those leaf betta hammocks and stick them a few inches from the surface. This way, he can rest and not have to put so much effort in to coming to the surface for breath. It may take him a while to use the hammocks, but he will.
inareverie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:59 AM   #12 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyrazen View Post
He's tiny, that's for sure. He already looks better, in my opinion! I really hope he makes it, he'll be a great addition to your crew!
Thanks lilyrazen, I hope he makes it too. He is very tiny, I wish I knew how old but if I were to estimate id say maybe a month old.

Still can't believe this little guy is a HM.. Crazy.
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:02 AM   #13 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inareverie85 View Post
My heart goes out to the little one.

And at the same time, it feels happy that someone like you came along to help. :)

You say he's having trouble swimming? If that's the case, I'd get him a floating betta log or one or two of those leaf betta hammocks and stick them a few inches from the surface. This way, he can rest and not have to put so much effort in to coming to the surface for breath. It may take him a while to use the hammocks, but he will.
Betta hammocks are genius!!! I actually have a couple that I am currently not using at the moment. I'll throw them in there in the morning.

And as for coming along to help it sure does feel good, helping one fish at a time is all it takes.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:04 AM   #14 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Oh my god, those photos of him are so cute! And then to see how tiny he is compared to your other betta! I really hope he pulls through!

I like the leaf hammock idea too. My new guy has a bit of swim bladder disorder so I made him some extra hammocks because he was having a hard time, and it really looks like it's helping. He uses all of them and seems to need them at the surface. Whoever thought of those . .. I would love to thank! I think they help weak bettas a lot. Please continue to post pics. :)
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:08 AM   #15 
Shirleythebetta

Is his back always bent like that?
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:15 AM   #16 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
Is his back always bent like that?
I just got him no more than 2 hours ago from Petsmart, and this is how he looked in his cup. I am assuming he is emaciated and stressed along with other things Im not aware of. But another reason he swims like that is because he has no fins. I am hoping with the warm water he will regenerate new fin growth and also the weight gain he will fill out to proportion.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:17 AM   #17 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post
Oh my god, those photos of him are so cute! And then to see how tiny he is compared to your other betta! I really hope he pulls through!

I like the leaf hammock idea too. My new guy has a bit of swim bladder disorder so I made him some extra hammocks because he was having a hard time, and it really looks like it's helping. He uses all of them and seems to need them at the surface. Whoever thought of those . .. I would love to thank! I think they help weak bettas a lot. Please continue to post pics. :)
I agree the hammocks are awesome!! And I will definitely add some to the tank tomorrow!

And for pictures definitely, I plan to take one every day so when he is healthy I can look at all his progress. I want to name him Lucky if he makes it :)
Old 07-22-2012, 02:18 AM   #18 
Captain Jim Dandy

You are a great big person for taking that on, girl. Makes us old timers feel better about the youth of America.
Captain Jim Dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:22 AM   #19 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Seriously! I am often a bitter jaded person but people like you on this site always make me smile for doing things like this. :) Thanks for giving us a little faith in humanity for once!
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:22 AM   #20 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim Dandy View Post
You are a great big person for taking that on, girl. Makes us old timers feel better about the youth of America.
Awwww, that is such a great compliment. I think if everybody in the world could start by helping out one person, animal etc.. there would be significant difference in today's society.

Can't help but quote Michael Jackson " Gonna Make A Change "...