Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #31 
iceyrose

For like 6~7 day he had ick treatment. Then filters on to absorb meds and only aquarium salt for three more days and stress coat meds. He's been very healthy and happy with lots of energy the last 5 days. Exscept the swollen tummy issues for a few hours at night the last few nightss. Still don't understand what the white spot is. I usally check ph when puting new water in the tank and the tank ph. I don't use products to up or down. I use faucet water to up the ph alittle to balance to the 7.0 range.
iceyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #32 
iceyrose

I put a towl over his tank to see if that will help him go#2"
iceyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #33 
Gooster14

Ick in Betta mixed community

I have a betta (Bogart), 3 balloon mollies, 3 julli corycats, 2 amano shrimp in an unplanted tank. Normal water temp is 78-80 degrees, 30% water change weekly. Mind you, I'm an amateur fish keeper with under 2 months experience. I'm posting this to give insight to those with eclectic tanks like mine who are considering the "heat only" treatment of ich. I can't use meds or salt because of my fish stock.
My ich problem started upon addition of 3rd molly. He had no visible evidence of it but another molly (Sayuri) suddenly got it. Btw, my wife names our fish. Soon, my betta has it too.
I started raising temp until 88 degrees. It took almost half a day. I've also been observing everyone for any sign of stress. Everyone seemed ok. I lost sight of one of the shrimps for a day. I found out during a water change that he molted.
I am currently on day 4 of treatment. Water temp is 88-89 degrees (sometimes I come home to find it at 90!). Water level w lowered to provide extra aeration. I do 35% water change daily. Sayuri lost her ich; Bogart still has some. I plan to continue this for 3 more days, then drop temp to 86-87 for another 7 days. Total treatment time: 14 days. So far everyone is doing ok. No losses. Wish me luck.
Gooster14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ick