Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Oh, my bad... I feel stupid right now... Haha X'D
Don't feel that way!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:06 AM   #52 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogthefish View Post
BUT I noticed in the first pic that one of the saddle pads is too short and ends unde the saddle, causing a pressure point.. just pointing out..
Good catch Pog! The saddle could cause some discomfort like that, your right.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #53 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua001 View Post
A friend of mine drove all the way to FL (3 days from where she lives just to pick up a new young racehorse, as her other one was too old and retiring). Well, she was very happy when she finally came back (they drove all over the USA to get him trained) and kept me updated with what was happening at the stable where he lives. Just a few weeks ago, a "minor" injury that he had(I'm not sure what) acted up. It was not minor at all but the vet never realized. The poor horsy was on the verge of death. My friend went to the stable and checked on him for about 8 hours every day. He went through a minor surgery but did not get better. He had to take medicine daily for a long time, still not getting better. The day before yesterday, my friend was allowed, for the first time in a long time, to walk the horse and exercise him. He was still very weak and what will become of him is still unknown.

I feel really bad for the horse and my friend. I just really hope they can both pull through okay.

I am so sorry for your friend and her horse!

I give them all my prayers :)

Just remember, after a hurricane comes a rainbow

Also, if they let her excercise/walk him i would think that means he's better, right? if so, thats fantastic!
Old 07-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #54 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Oh my goodness! i am so excited for the new horse(we will see how he looks first) if we decide on getting him!!!! I still miss my Quarter that passed though :'(

I have his braid in a shadow box. It still smells like the bath i gave him that day, along with some shavings in the hair :'(
Old 07-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #55 
BettaAngel13

My neighbor owns a fresian and a hackney,I sneek from the woods to his farm and I feed the horse treats. My favorite memory is when the hackney escaped or jump his fence,the neighbors daughter was chasing the horse(Chloe) around but the girl gave me the bridle and asked if I could
Catch Chloe so I took the bridle and chased after chloe.After awhile I gave up but then I felt a nuzzle on my back I turned around and it was chloe. I put the bridle on her and I hopped on her back and rode her
Back to the stables:)

My neighbor recently had his Fresian(Sydney) breed and she gave birth a few weeks ago and and he is a beautiful solid black with one white sock
BettaAngel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #56 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaAngel13 View Post
My neighbor owns a fresian and a hackney,I sneek from the woods to his farm and I feed the horse treats. My favorite memory is when the hackney escaped or jump his fence,the neighbors daughter was chasing the horse(Chloe) around but the girl gave me the bridle and asked if I could
Catch Chloe so I took the bridle and chased after chloe.After awhile I gave up but then I felt a nuzzle on my back I turned around and it was chloe. I put the bridle on her and I hopped on her back and rode her
Back to the stables:)

My neighbor recently had his Fresian(Sydney) breed and she gave birth a few weeks ago and and he is a beautiful solid black with one white sock

WOW You sound like a horse whisperer :D

SOlid black??? WOw, that is not a common color! Tell your neighbor congrats!!! XD
Old 07-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #57 
Sapphoira

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post
WOW You sound like a horse whisperer :D

SOlid black??? WOw, that is not a common color! Tell your neighbor congrats!!! XD
Most Friesians are solid black, it's generally considered a fault if they are not! part of what makes them such an expensive, expensive breed!
Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:39 PM   #58 
MyRainbowBettaFish

o DUH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphoira View Post
Most Friesians are solid black, it's generally considered a fault if they are not! part of what makes them such an expensive, expensive breed!
O my! For some reason i only read Hackney, so i assumed that was what was the topic. I feel so stupid i should know, we have a half/Friesian at our stables, and she is a solid black. Its like a trademark, i guess :) Beautiful horses....
Old 07-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #59 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Cant wait to ride this week, and see if we will be getting the new horse!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #60 
Armani33

I lease a draft cross mare I ride her both english and western pleasure. I'm currently riding english mainly because I use a wintec synthetic saddle and it is soooo much easier to lift than the big,heavy western saddle.
Armani33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clydesdale, horse, horseback riding, horses, quarter horse