POLL ONLY - Will act depending on what people think. Please vote.
I did my first rescue today and feel very happy. My new CT is loving his new home and is making bubble nests all over the place.
So to commemorate this, I was thinking of sponsoring a contest for all those kindhearted souls who rescued a poor Betta. Because of the difficulties of having to ship the prize overseas, this would only be open to US-based contestants only, sorry.
Prizes to the winner would be:
(1) Aquabid Betta (40USD maximum price)
(1) 5 gallon Aquarium Kit w/ heater
To enter, applicants will need to submit the following:
1. Details of the rescue (how you found him, where you found him, what was going on in your mind at that time, etc). Tell a story.
2. Obstacles you had to overcome to get your rescued Betta to where he is today (i.e., missing fins, sick/malnourished, swimming upside-down, etc).
3. Pics taken on the day of the rescue, the day after, and current picture (or picture before he passed away if it was a while back).
If I could have 3 volunteers from our Senior Members as panel judges, this would be great. They would read the submissions and vote on who they think is the most deserving (I will compile all submissions on one easy to read document). I will post winner on the contest thread.
Let me know what you guys think!