Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #21 
MSG

Misty... the only time I will feed flakes to a Betta is because there are other fish in the tank that NEED to eat. I noticed when you feed betta's flake food, they eat half of it and spit the rest out like cookie monster when he eats cookies. Best analogy I could think of. If you don't have any fish in the tank to clean up the mess, those flake bits will mess up your water BAD.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #22 
MSG

Isn't Attison's betta formula discontinued now? I thought they were bought up by a different company and that particular line of food was scrapped?
Old 07-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #23 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
Here's a link to that Ultracolor Community Fish food. http://www.prettybird.com/fish.htm
I just looked at it, but it doesn't say Flake, or Pellet?Which one is it?
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:38 AM   #24 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think Addison's betta pro is only available through the IBC. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #25 
MSG

If that is the case and it's only available to IBC community, how much is a container?

I just assumed people who are still using the stuff, stockpiled it after they heard the news it was definitely going to be discontinued.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #26 
finnfinnfriend

New life spectrum does not contain wheat gluten.
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #27 
LebronTheBetta

+1 to NLS! Mine floats for some reason.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #28 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
+1 to NLS! Mine floats for some reason.
Yeah mine floats just fine too.... I did an experiment yesterday with a cup of dechlorinated water...I dropped a couple pellets in and waited. They floated, and floated, and floated. After about a minute I figured that's all the time you need for a pellet to float, so then I pushed down on them with my finger and THEN they sank. So they pretty much float like any pellet...
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #29 
914joe

I am using betta bio gold and my betta love's them, i don't know if they are the best as this is my first betta fish and this is the only food that i have tried so far.Like others have said it floats and does not seem to cloud up his tank and he loves them .The package has a unique design so you have to pay atenttion when using it or you will drop in a whole mess of pellets in by accident as i did the first time and had hurry and get as much as i could out of his tank before he ate them all.
914joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:10 PM   #30 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by 914joe View Post
I am using betta bio gold and my betta love's them, i don't know if they are the best as this is my first betta fish and this is the only food that i have tried so far.Like others have said it floats and does not seem to cloud up his tank and he loves them .The package has a unique design so you have to pay atenttion when using it or you will drop in a whole mess of pellets in by accident as i did the first time and had hurry and get as much as i could out of his tank before he ate them all.
Yup..I tried to use that lil built in tube of sorts..and nothing came out then just angled it a lil to the side..and I couldnt stop it..but I did it in my hand in case that happpened..so now I take them all out and have them in a lil container..and feed with my fingers..or on my finger..so I can see exactly what they are consuming:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote