Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: Whats your eye color?(help us find the rarity of each color!)
Blue (light/dark/turquoise) 2 9.09%
Gray (light/dark) 1 4.55%
Hazel-more green 5 22.73%
Hazel-more brown 2 9.09%
Light Brown 0 0%
Chocolate/dark brown 5 22.73%
Green(light/dark) 4 18.18%
Amber(orangey, goldish) 0 0%
I have more than one color in my eye 7 31.82%
I have a solid eye color(no flecks or ripples) 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #1 
MyRainbowBettaFish

What eye color do you have? (Post pics!!)

Hey everybody!

Got bored today, and started thinking about how bettas can have different eye colors, like blue or even orange. That then got me thinking about the rarity of human eye colors. So, thought i would create a random eye color thread.

What color do you have?

I have included a POLL so we can see the rarity of each eye color :D

As for mine, its weird. It can be hazel, green, brown...but in natural sunlight it turns goldfish orange, like an amber color.

Anyways, heres my eye color:

Don't forget to post yours!
Attached Images

MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #2 
Tikibirds

it seems to change between grey to blue with specks of orange
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #3 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
it seems to change between grey to blue with specks of orange
your pretty! Specks of orange? WOW

They are pretty :D
Old 07-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #4 
MyRainbowBettaFish

I forgot to mention you pick your eye color and then say if its solid or chooseflecks/ripples if you have different colors in your iris on the poll. Thanks for posting!
Old 07-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #5 
SparklE fin

Hmm.. My eyes change to almost every color. Like if I get cold, it turns blueish-purple in me. If I'm normal, grass green. If its too hot, brownish-black. It also depends on my mood. But overall, it changes all between. I'll upload a pic soon
SparklE fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #6 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklE fin View Post
Hmm.. My eyes change to almost every color. Like if I get cold, it turns blueish-purple in me. If I'm normal, grass green. If its too hot, brownish-black. It also depends on my mood. But overall, it changes all between. I'll upload a pic soon
WOW! That sounds amazing! You have like chameleon eyes or something!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #7 
SparklE fin

I think I myself am I chameleon. My hair color changes with the seasons and during the Summer I have freckles. Anyway I made an album because I cannot figure out how to add a picture to a thread 0.o
SparklE fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #8 
LittleWatty

I've always ALWAYS thought I had brown eyes until (like betta's develop more color with age) mine developed a green outer layer as I got older. That was until earlier this year when I went looking at my old school photos. When I was 3 years old, I had the same eye color I do now. Hazel, with about a 50/50 split. However, when looking on my computer, my eyes look brown (even looking at scans of those same photos). So, either something's screwy with my computer's colors, or with how colors show up in photos/scans. Friends of mine have said that I get a gold/amber color in my eyes if I happen to be facing the sun. Not just flecks, but full color. Anyway, my eye:

(I'm going to be messing around with my computer colors now to see if that's it XD)
Attached Images

LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #9 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWatty View Post
I've always ALWAYS thought I had brown eyes until (like betta's develop more color with age) mine developed a green outer layer as I got older. That was until earlier this year when I went looking at my old school photos. When I was 3 years old, I had the same eye color I do now. Hazel, with about a 50/50 split. However, when looking on my computer, my eyes look brown (even looking at scans of those same photos). So, either something's screwy with my computer's colors, or with how colors show up in photos/scans. Friends of mine have said that I get a gold/amber color in my eyes if I happen to be facing the sun. Not just flecks, but full color. Anyway, my eye:

(I'm going to be messing around with my computer colors now to see if that's it XD)
They are very pretty! They seem more goldfish light brown to me..but i can see the green you are talking about. Bettas eye colors change with age? I didn't know that!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #10 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWatty View Post

And i thought my eyes were hazel..i guess not...

Tags
eye color