Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #1 
katrina89

Unhappy Divider failed :( never making my own again!

So my 5.5g divider failed and i saw crimson on seabiscuit's side... but its ok no one got hurt... and no one is freaked out... crimson is in a kritter keeper right now until i can go out and actually buy a divider... anyone recommend one for my tank :/ ?
katrina89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #2 
Alcemistnv

oh dear, I'm scared now because I'm doing a divider in a 5.5 gallon o.o

What did you use for it?
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #3 
katrina89

craft mesh and report binders
Old 07-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #4 
katrina89

they didnt jumpp over bec i put it all the way to the top... it curled and a spaced opened for crimson to slip through
Old 07-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #5 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina89 View Post
they didnt jumpp over bec i put it all the way to the top... it curled and a spaced opened for crimson to slip through
O_O woah!! Was it too long/too short? What part opened up for him? The side or the top?
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #6 
Luimeril

they do sell dividers for various sized tanks at pet stores, but they're clear, so the fish can see each other. 8U mine's used for a tank lid, rather than a divider. i'm sorry this happened, though. ;n;
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #7 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina89 View Post
So my 5.5g divider failed and i saw crimson on seabiscuit's side... but its ok no one got hurt... and no one is freaked out... crimson is in a kritter keeper right now until i can go out and actually buy a divider... anyone recommend one for my tank :/ ?
Yiiikes! Glad no one was injured. I've never done one, so I'm no help. I've thought about dividing my 5.5 so I can get Bella out of her 1g, but I think I'll wait till I have the money for another small tank. sigh
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #8 
Alcemistnv

I'm going to be using the binders and the mesh as well...Or maybe sunction cups if Michaels/Walmart sells them...
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #9 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcemistnv View Post
I'm going to be using the binders and the mesh as well...Or maybe sunction cups if Michaels/Walmart sells them...
Same, I already Madr mine, it's in my tank. Teeney is on her side & Tiny is in QT for another week & a half... Teeney has made no attempt to get to the other side, I actually cut a piece and used plastic paper clips and clipped it on the divider so it's extended above & nobody can jump over.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #10 
katrina89

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
O_O woah!! Was it too long/too short? What part opened up for him? The side or the top?
the side opened up...i guess it wasn't springy enough to stay tight... after 24 hours crimson slipped through :/ i thought it would stay tight bec the lid was holding it when it was down... i was wrong... guess ill leave it to the professionals next time... anyone know of any good dividers... idc if its clear... ill just put plants all over the divider and make the visibility hard... as long as it works and this wont happen again