Betta Fish Forum banner

He's all scared looking

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  missfish1996 
#1 ·
Well I went to feed Mr.Bubbles at about 3:30 and because of the earth quake last night (which i have posted about before) he like was scared he like swam away really fast but that was only when I stuck my finger in the water I tapped the glass and he didnt move until then I'm really scared...can someone tell me what to do?

#2 ·
Well, what type of fish? I take he is a betta.

I have read before that animals always act very strange before and after earthquakes. Like birds fly away and dont come back, cattle act strange, dogs and cats freak out, etc.

Did his water move a lot during the quake? That may be the problem. Bettas are still-water fish; an upset like that can freak him out a lot.

What is your tank size? Heated? Params?

#3 ·
Make sure he's warm enough and his water is super clean. Keep an eye on him. He's probably just stressed out.

I wonder if putting a towel over his tank would help to reduce outside stimulation. (just make sure he's still getting air, of course). Just a thought that popped into my mind...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.