Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #81 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Storm View Post
He's a cutie CandiceMM. I just wanted to say I think you should name him Broken Heart, like the name of the thread, if he pulls though.

Every animal I have known named lucky (by many different people) has been very unlucky later in life.

I hope he pulls through and gets 100% better for you
Hi Twilight Storm :) I have already thought about different names just like you said. He is much more special to me than just another "Lucky". I love your idea and thanks for responding. All advice and concern is welcome. I love your name btw, I am in Seattle and we love Twilight here lol.
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #82 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Storm View Post
He's a cutie CandiceMM. I just wanted to say I think you should name him Broken Heart, like the name of the thread, if he pulls though.

Every animal I have known named lucky (by many different people) has been very unlucky later in life.

I hope he pulls through and gets 100% better for you
That is true. We had to rehome my grandma's dog, Lucky, after my grandma passed away. 11 months later Lucky accidentally escaped the house and was hit by a car.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #83 
kelseyleah343

Candice! You really did inspire me. I walked into the LFS today to get a few things. I had promised myself previously that I absolutely would NOT take anyone home with me.. and, well.. guess what I did.. teehee...

A bunch of kids had knocked over the betta cups, and the store didn't have anymore empty cups, so they had to put them in tanks with various other tropical fish. I brought 2 home with me. One was bullied, while the other one was murderous. I frequent the store, so they know I'm a Betta keeper, and they were kind enough to give me a discount. The worst damage that was done was to the orange VT - he has had his fins shredded by the other tankmates. But he is well on his way to recovering.

Again, thank you! It's great when you can take an animal out of a bad environment and put them into a better one. They really do make a complete 360 in behavior.

I've decided to also go back tomorrow to pick up the other betta that was in a tank with other fish, although it was hard to tell what kind of tankmates he had, so I may change my mind.. but don't count on it.
kelseyleah343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #84 
lelei

I totally applaud your efforts, and I know what it means to be dedicated to saving that lil guys life, and will give it all you got, I did the same for my Sapphire, and I hope you have the same results I have, I just love my lil guy..he's done a complete turn around..and I hope your lil guy does the same..

It is so heartbreaking too see how much these lil guys suffer, but at the same time how much we will do to ensure that they have the life they deserve..Best wishes for the both of you:)

He will be your lil heartbreaker when those fins come in,..all the girls will be waiting tankside..:) wink**
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #85 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelseyleah343 View Post
Candice! You really did inspire me. I walked into the LFS today to get a few things. I had promised myself previously that I absolutely would NOT take anyone home with me.. and, well.. guess what I did.. teehee...

A bunch of kids had knocked over the betta cups, and the store didn't have anymore empty cups, so they had to put them in tanks with various other tropical fish. I brought 2 home with me. One was bullied, while the other one was murderous. I frequent the store, so they know I'm a Betta keeper, and they were kind enough to give me a discount. The worst damage that was done was to the orange VT - he has had his fins shredded by the other tankmates. But he is well on his way to recovering.

Again, thank you! It's great when you can take an animal out of a bad environment and put them into a better one. They really do make a complete 360 in behavior.

I've decided to also go back tomorrow to pick up the other betta that was in a tank with other fish, although it was hard to tell what kind of tankmates he had, so I may change my mind.. but don't count on it.
Kelsey, you are amazing! All it takes is one story, one voice to get awareness out for these magnificent fish. I am so proud to have these new friend with such big hearts. I do hope you post pictures of your new rescues so we all can see the difference you make in their lives.

Please keep me posted, and what lucky Betta's!

P.S. I'm 100% you will go back tomorrow :)
Old 07-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #86 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
I totally applaud your efforts, and I know what it means to be dedicated to saving that lil guys life, and will give it all you got, I did the same for my Sapphire, and I hope you have the same results I have, I just love my lil guy..he's done a complete turn around..and I hope your lil guy does the same..

It is so heartbreaking too see how much these lil guys suffer, but at the same time how much we will do to ensure that they have the life they deserve..Best wishes for the both of you:)

He will be your lil heartbreaker when those fins come in,..all the girls will be waiting tankside..:) wink**

Lelei, you are too sweet! It is a gratifying feeling when you can dedicate your time to such a small form of life. I have so much love for this little guy in my tank, you would think he was a newborn baby or a family member. Thank you for your support and taking the time to read this story of mine, it means more than you all will know.

You and Twilight Storm have given him the best name, Heart Breaker. I know he will live up to it seeing as he already broke mine.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:56 PM   #87 
pinkcupid765

Heart breaker is a perfect name! I've already disscused this with my parents. After our week trip, i can get another betta and of course he's going to be a rescue! Candice, you've inspired so many people including myself and I thank you for that!
pinkcupid765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #88 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcupid765 View Post
Heart breaker is a perfect name! I've already disscused this with my parents. After our week trip, i can get another betta and of course he's going to be a rescue! Candice, you've inspired so many people including myself and I thank you for that!

Awwwwwwwww <3 My heart just fluttered, you are too sweet!!! I am so happy for you! I think we need a Betta Rescue thread!!!! I can't wait to see who you rescue and his story!!! Please keep me updated!!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #89 
bettasareawesome

I love the name heart breaker! I would love to rescue a betta fish but I'm still busy taking care of my baby betta. I know he will pull threw and look absolutely amazing. I said would I meant I will! I just need to make sure my baby betta has a good start.

Last edited by bettasareawesome; 07-24-2012 at 09:13 PM.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #90 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettasareawesome View Post
I love the name heart breaker! I would love to rescue a betta fish but I'm still busy taking care of my baby betta. I know he will pull threw and look absolutely amazing.
It is fun to watch a baby betta grow to be a strong healthy Adult. I'm sure your doing a great job raising him. He looks like a cutie :)