Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #11 
starrlamia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurie View Post
I made my hammock and I have pots too.. the fish on the right never touches either of his, but loves his betta log (for some reason it keeps getting white fuzzy stuff on it I'm about to boil it). The one on the left loves his pot, the filter (sponge) and his log but only swims though his tube every once and a while.

My other betta has an aztec head and he hides in that or floats behind the filter LOL

thats how mine are too but open at the top, both of my guys love them!
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #12 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

My Betta Perseus doesnt use his Betta Hammock that much but he loves the Floating Log but the paint does flake off it after a month or at least mine did no problem just makes a mess and used my gravel vaccum to get it all out of the tank and then took the log out and and rinsed it over and over and wiped it off with paper towels and it was fine to put back in the tank.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:00 PM   #13 
Dracodion

I was wondering about this as well. I recently got a betta for the first time in years so I'm almost new to being a betta fish owner again. I've these around and they look really cute and I've read/heard that lots of bettas love them, but then I read one review on them that's made me very concerned on getting one myself. The reviewer said that since it has metal, can it rust? Has anyone experienced this or has had one long enough that it may rust?
Dracodion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:08 PM   #14 
Frazzle

I see you have a ceramic pot in there.

Ceramic wont release anything harmful into the water right? I was going to use a bunch of Amethysts as my gravel but I heard that the magnesium ( i think) in the purple part of the stone can actually be released into the water. Just wondering if the pots are safe.
Frazzle is offline   Reply With Quote