Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #101 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelseyleah343 View Post
Candice! You really did inspire me. I walked into the LFS today to get a few things. I had promised myself previously that I absolutely would NOT take anyone home with me.. and, well.. guess what I did.. teehee...
---Uh, me too. You inspired me enough that I took home this little dude. He's not as bad as your guy was BUT he has been there for a very long time because I remember him. I don't know if he has fin rot or he is a tail biter but I hope a new home helps either way. (In Petco his tail looks shimmery green but in different light at home it looks purple. Either way he's got a chunk missing and a red spot on one side of his head .. don't know what it is but he is acting ok.)

So Candice, look . . you made us give two more little bettas a home. :) You sort of started a "Pay it forward" type of thing. Or "pass it on" might be more accurate.

Last edited by mursey; 07-24-2012 at 11:43 PM. Reason: typo!
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:18 AM   #102 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Storm View Post
Candice you're a sweety :) Heart Breaker is a perfect name for him. Although you will have to change your signature now since you are a Betta Mommy of 12 now! ;)

It looks like he might still have a touch of the fin rot on his tail in the first picture of day 4 near the bottom there to me. Maybe it's just the lighting in the picture? He does look worlds better then the first pictures though, and so quickly.

When I saw the first pictures I was wondering if he had a crooked spine or if he just got sick enough waiting to be sold he developed the bend. Since he straitened out I guess that answered my question. :)

He sure seems to be fascinated with that thermometer!!! That's too cute! :D

@ Teeny- I'm sorry to hear your story about your dog. :( I think it's a cursed name.. It's like some cursed movie and TV roles... I know it sounds superstitious, just when I saw the name being contemplated I didn't want the poor little guy to pull through only to have something extremely awful happen to him later on.

Hi Twilight, I did look at the picture and then ran to his tank. He could still have a slight case of fin rot but when I look at him in bright light it isn't as dark as it is in the picture. So maybe a little bit of a shadow.

I also thought he had a crooked spine or was deformed. But I am glad to see his back is straight He is doing better and better every day, and soon he will have fins :) I cannot wait! You all are amazing to me!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:22 AM   #103 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post
---Uh, me too. You inspired me enough that I took home this little dude. He's not as bad as your guy was BUT he has been there for a very long time because I remember him. I don't know if he has fin rot or he is a tail biter but I hope a new home helps either way. (In Petco his tail looks shimmery green but in different light at home it looks purple. Either way he's got a chunk missing and a red spot on one side of his head .. don't know what it is but he is acting ok.)

So Candice, look . . you made us give two more little bettas a home. :) You sort of started a "Pay it forward" type of thing. Or "pass it on" might be more accurate.

Mursey, how exciting for you to take on a little Betta in need. Your words made me tear up a little and it warms my heart that just one little thread could start a new day of saving Betta's from horrible conditions. I know from here on out this will be a lifetime project for me and I will love doing it. I am so happy that we all can come together and help the fish we all love and have somebody to talk to and relate too. I sure hope you start a thread so I can see the little guy you are helping.

Again thanks for those kind words, you all mean more than you know so thank you!
Old 07-25-2012, 12:25 AM   #104 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Red face

:) Aw .. . warms my heart too.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:49 AM   #105 
copperarabian

poor guy, reminds me of my first rescue, he had fin rot and was so severely underweight and weak he had to spend his first few days in only a inch of water in a large Tupperware container floating in my big tank :(
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:54 AM   #106 
Tikibirds

Poor guy :(

This was my 1st rescue - from walmart.

a few months later:
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:15 AM   #107 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post

a few months later:
Wow he looks great!!! What a turn around for this guy. And he is over 4 years old? Amazing! I hope I'm luck enough to have my guys live as long :)
Old 07-25-2012, 05:12 AM   #108 
KevinPham123

a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post

a few months later:
HOLY thats a major improvement. *thumbs up*

How much are bettas in the U.S? Im from Australia and just wanted to know out of curiosity. :)

Last edited by KevinPham123; 07-25-2012 at 05:14 AM.
KevinPham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:32 AM   #109 
kelseyleah343

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post

To start off, thank you for also rescuing. :) But together, you and I gave 3 little guys a home! Isn't it awesome?
kelseyleah343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:01 AM   #110 
cjayBetta

Awww :)
cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote