Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2012, 12:42 AM   #1 
Dracodion

RIP Sid Fishous

I bought Sid Fishous (Sid for short) at Petsmart on a Thursday and he sadly passed away on Sunday. It took a surprisingly large chunk of my heart when he died. For such a short time, I got very attached to him. He had a vicious personality and it made me love him all the more. He really fit his name. But he quickly got fin fungus and I was unable to get the proper medication for him, what with having no transportation and the nearest pet store being an hour and a half drive away from my house. A very good friend bought some medication for me and even mailed it my house, but sadly, it was a day too late. I'm glad that he is no longer suffering now. Rest in peace, my sweet baby

Dracodion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:14 AM   #2 
Panzer

Awesome name, RIP Sid Fishous.
Panzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:24 AM   #3 
Aus

I had a Sid Fishus too! He was also a red VT, and died of chronic illness...

I'm sorry for your loss. I know how gut wrenching it is.. and how fast these little fish wiggle into your heart.

I hope you're not discouraged from owning another. I have three more now and a tankful of wilds on the way... I'm always grateful to my Sid for helping me find a new hobby, and a new way of looking at the world through it.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:26 AM   #4 
Dracodion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
I had a Sid Fishus too! He was also a red VT, and died of chronic illness...

I'm sorry for your loss. I know how gut wrenching it is.. and how fast these little fish wiggle into your heart.

I hope you're not discouraged from owning another. I have three more now and a tankful of wilds on the way... I'm always grateful to my Sid for helping me find a new hobby, and a new way of looking at the world through it.
My Sid also renewed my love for betta fish. I use to own them years and years ago. I recently bought a new betta fish, a red CT named Dante, and have plans on getting a second :)
Dracodion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:28 AM   #5 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
I love the name! So sorry about him passing. Maybe you can get a few good meds for a betta emergency kit and try to get a new one. Sounds like you have a big enough heart that you need to try again soon.

I think those veiltails are there for a LONG time, at least in my nearest store. Maybe it was just a fish that was in his little cup way too long and didn't have much of an immune system left.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:43 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about Sid.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote