Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2012, 12:25 AM   #11 
MSG

Wow, from your look of your tank on the video.....

Wasn't expecting you to have an assortment of plants like that. I definitely think they would look really nice together if it was arranged properly

Did you have that group of plants or it's something you're planning in the upcoming months?

• If you're going to go with sand, consider going with pool filter sand instead of the standard sand.

I'm going to look into this PFS myself because I'm not so fond of eco-complete anymore. Cleaning it was a nightmare. You can find PFS @ your local Ace Hardware store from what I'm told.

I'll check the stuff out myself tomorrow.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:34 AM   #12 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
I have one fish that flares almost ALL the time the light is on. People told me he wouldn't do that if he had enough interesting things in the tank .. but he has tons of things in the tank and he still does it. ( Several caves to hide in, a tall silk plant and a few silicone ones, driftwood . .. I actually had to take the driftwood out because there was too much stuff in there and the driftwood gets weird gunk on it.)

I have one other fish who is a total spazz no matter what I do. 4 of my bettas are mellow, one other one is a little angry about "policing the border" (his divider) so I might have to think of something for him, but otherwise he is ok.

It might just be that some of them are nutzo and some are calm.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:04 AM   #13 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post
I have one fish that flares almost ALL the time the light is on. People told me he wouldn't do that if he had enough interesting things in the tank .. but he has tons of things in the tank and he still does it. ( Several caves to hide in, a tall silk plant and a few silicone ones, driftwood . .. I actually had to take the driftwood out because there was too much stuff in there and the driftwood gets weird gunk on it.)

I have one other fish who is a total spazz no matter what I do. 4 of my bettas are mellow, one other one is a little angry about "policing the border" (his divider) so I might have to think of something for him, but otherwise he is ok.

It might just be that some of them are nutzo and some are calm.
I agree. When I first got him he would randomly hold still until the filter flipped him upside down and now he randomly flares and races around the parameter, often times he can dart very very very fast without any warning! LOL! So far his name is Zephyr. XP what a wacko...

He was a rescue from Meijers super market, in the tiny little tank dividers your supposed to only use to get fish out to put into bags for customers. His fins were so damaged they assumed he was a crown tail betta and I knew he wasn't- but tried to charge more money for him because his fin damage. Poor guy, he had heart attack any time my finger went near him in the tiny container. Deathly scared little guy. Acts very different in a 10 gallon! XD
LugiaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:06 AM   #14 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
Wasn't expecting you to have an assortment of plants like that. I definitely think they would look really nice together if it was arranged properly

Did you have that group of plants or it's something you're planning in the upcoming months?

• If you're going to go with sand, consider going with pool filter sand instead of the standard sand.

I'm going to look into this PFS myself because I'm not so fond of eco-complete anymore. Cleaning it was a nightmare. You can find PFS @ your local Ace Hardware store from what I'm told.

I'll check the stuff out myself tomorrow.
Thanks you so much! I believe you have to clean FPS out before use? Also i'm mostly looking for the most white sand as possible, i'm a huge fan of the color white.

I really wish I knew if any of these plants cause roots and plant matter all over the place >_< I guess I should post that question to the forum eh?

The plants are pretty much a future hope, they do cost a lot unless I can find someone on here who is willing to combine shipping for lots of these. As long as I find out WHICH plants to use.
LugiaChan is offline   Reply With Quote