Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2012, 06:56 AM   #1 
LittleWatty

Quarantine of Plants After Fish Death

So, I lost a DT a few days ago who had a few clumps of live java fern in with him. I believe he died of a fungal issue that I tried to treat too late. So, my question is: How long should I quarantine these plants? Is there anything special I should do with them while in quarantine before I think of adding them to another fish's tank? Should they be quarantined individually, or can they be with other plants (that weren't in the tank with the dead fish)?
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #2 
MSG

I would try 2 weeks. I'm going to monitor this thread, because I have some plants I want to transfer to the girls tank but I need to clean the live plants & refasten them to the wood.

How much java fern do you have?

Mine are looking HORRIBLE, but that's due to the lack of lighting they receive.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #3 
LittleWatty

I had 4 bunches of java fern in with the fish that died, and at one point I had two things of dwarf hairgrass and some microsword. I've got those in quarantine with a bunch of new plants, and was planning on keeping them in there until my 10 gallon cycled (which its not even close, last I checked). They've been in there almost one week so far.
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote