Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-22-2012, 02:30 AM   #13971 
TheCrabbyTabby

Wow. Well, that dog died since then. She got into some garbage, got a bowel obstruction and then died on the operating table to remove the obstruction. Something about a reaction to the anesthesia.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:42 AM   #13972 
Shirleythebetta

My dad is giving me his pleco. It's about ten inches long or so. This isn't truly a rant. My rant is that I now have to set him up in a 30 gallon breeder and suppliment his diet until I get my dads 55 in a couple of months. Nobody around my area has fish nor in his. I refuse to put him on craigs list because I do not know who he is going to so he is going to be by his self in a 30 for a while with a largely supplemented diet of wafers and drift wood. I would rather him be in a 55 but if I don't take him my dad is going to dump him in a creek. He hates this fish. He keeps threatening to use him as shovelhead catfish bait. :( I love my dad and I don't think he will do it but on the off chance Mr. Pleco is coming home with me.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:46 AM   #13973 
Aahnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
My dad is giving me his pleco. It's about ten inches long or so. This isn't truly a rant. My rant is that I now have to set him up in a 30 gallon breeder and suppliment his diet until I get my dads 55 in a couple of months. Nobody around my area has fish nor in his. I refuse to put him on craigs list because I do not know who he is going to so he is going to be by his self in a 30 for a while with a largely supplemented diet of wafers and drift wood. I would rather him be in a 55 but if I don't take him my dad is going to dump him in a creek. He hates this fish. He keeps threatening to use him as shovelhead catfish bait. :( I love my dad and I don't think he will do it but on the off chance Mr. Pleco is coming home with me.
good for you!

Dog poo? sorry about the loss on the table, that hurts.

I found my dobie in the yard, trying to poo. He had about 10 inches of foam and paper towel hanging out... uck.. I waited and watched... he finally passed it.

I think he got in the garbage, and i just hadnt noticed. It wasnt the last time he passed something like that. I just cant imagine how he could... poor dog.

My little one would get on the counter and knock stuff off, and then he would get it, if i didnt remember to move the chairs way way away before leaving.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #13974 
LittleBettaFish

Ugh I had our dogs get in and kill one of our two pet roosters the other day. Felt bad as he only got in because the latch on the gate didn't fasten properly but it had been like that for a year now so I assumed it was alright.

Today I hear our surviving rooster (only chicken we have now) making this noise that means there's something scaring him. I go down thinking he got frightened by a kurrawong or magpie flying over. He's by the door petrified so I look around and can't see anything. Until I go around the corner of his pen and see the biggest fox I have ever seen on the roof of his cage looking right at me!

I was so angry. A fox got in one night and killed most of our chickens previously but it is not able to get into this cage which is what I think saved Panda this time around. I scared it off but I know it will be back as our neighbour likes to feed every single species of pest wildlife known to Australia. We don't get any nice rosellas or parrots here as the bloody Indian Mynas chase them off.

I wish we were in the country so we could shoot that fox. I wish all foxes and feral cats were removed from Australia. They just do so much damage to wildlife and even pets.

Also I am going to strangle our GS puppy with her lead if she so much as looks at another puppy or small dog wrong. She just had her first heat and now she thinks she can snap and growl to her heart's content. Of course if it's a big intact male or a dog her own size, she is on her belly grovelling.

(She is now 60 odd cms tall and nine months old so when I say puppy I mean puppies younger than her)
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #13975 
Sena Hansler

My antinrant: i had a thought. You can get a hamster here for 15.00-25.00... BUT you can get a FEEDER hamster (about 1-2 years old) for 5.00... So I decided to get a feeder hamster. She is sooooo friendly!!! Perfect for children IMO because she is forgiving to roughness. (not that kids should have pets like this... Just an example lol)

Rant on that: old breeders and even the friendly ones are fed to snakes. They used to be grumpy and mean (makes it easier to feed them hahaha)

Another rant: 50 gallon tank and stand and accessories for free. I was not allowed to get it. An anti rant to that? We found a 20 gallon with stand and accessories for 20.00 and a 70 gallon terrarium for 5
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #13976 
Shirleythebetta

I got a C on my finals. I hope that didn't affect my grades to bad.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #13977 
tpocicat

I put 4 bettas on Aquabid. All sold, and I have been paid and sent out 3. The forth buyer paid me with an echeck through Paypal. The check still hasn't cleared. It was supposed to clear last Friday, but it didn't. What makes it worse, is that I see that same person bidding on more bettas and I still haven't been paid!
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #13978 
LyzzaRyzz

RANT: My boyfriend does all my water changes for me, since I have a job. The main tank, the QT, my crayfish tank...
Only, he's been using the same gravel hose for ALL the tanks. 0.o
My cray tank has feeder fish in it!!

Now some of my barbs have little white threads hanging from their fins, I'm stressed out, and all because I forgot to mention each tank has their own hose!!

Ughggh!!!
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #13979 
Neil D

Oh that's not very good. I just use one hose for my two tanks but I guess that's okay cause you know they're both healthy. I just realized my guinea pigs name is in the tags LOL.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #13980 
Aahnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpocicat View Post
I put 4 bettas on Aquabid. All sold, and I have been paid and sent out 3. The forth buyer paid me with an echeck through Paypal. The check still hasn't cleared. It was supposed to clear last Friday, but it didn't. What makes it worse, is that I see that same person bidding on more bettas and I still haven't been paid!
paypal echeck? wow, is that mailed to you then? and you deposit it? perhaps put in a complaint to paypal, you know? Skip the talking to the buyer and ask for paypals help. Is this the one that was holding you up forever?

He may have been waiting for payday. But if it should have cleared a week ago, then he doesnt have funds. They usually send them through 3 times before they come back to you.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou