Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #11 
registereduser

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=107444
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #12 
ChibiShishou

@ KoiMaiden I wish I could but the house doesn't have any more room and even if I close my door she knows how to open it. ^^;;

RegisteredUser that is a really neat idea! Im going to have to check around at the thrift stores see if I can fin me one! (hopefully I can find one dorm size though XD)

Compressed air sounds like it might do the trick! Thanks for the input! Ive been spraying her with a water thing or chasing her out but air might just be scary enough to work.

And Toad...THAT is adorable! Dare I ask if you ever got pictures of this event?
It seems this question might get asked alot? Maybe there should be a sticky somewhere?
ChibiShishou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #13 
CharStarr

I dont recommend using the compressed air to spray towards your cat, it isn't safe and it should ONLY be used for cleaning out computer accessories. My cat doesn't even bother with my fish, when we got Kudo's 10 gallon, Milo came up and looked at it then decided he couldn't be bothered with it and hasn't even looked Kudo's way since. BUT in reference to "Betta proofing" your cat, when my cats are either scratching the furniture or on something they shouldn't be we spray them with a water bottle. They learn VERY quickly that way, though my one cat Smokie she just learned to withstand it LOL.
CharStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #14 
fleetfish

My cat knows he's not allowed to drink the water when there's a fish in it. Just a firm NO is good enough to get it through to him. I've never lost a betta to him, and he loves "his" pets. I also make sure to keep lids on whenever I'm not around . . . in case he gets peckish.
fleetfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #15 
Bethydan

My grandmother figured out that the air can sound startles her dog. So every time her dog did something naughty, she'd spray the air can in the air to make the little princess stop. Now all you have to do is say the words "air can" and she quits whatever she's doing and watches you warily. It's adorably pathetic.

My cat is practically perfect in every way. Practically. She ignores the fish tank. If there's a lid it means she can't drink the special-flavored water. So she doesn't care about them. She's really just a water fiend. However, she's a good surrogate fish mama. She reminds me every night to feed the fish. The fact that she gets a share of the food might have something to do with that.

My kittykins at around three weeks. She was born a poor orphan baby.

Her today at 5 years. She only deigns to lounge upon shaped blankets. She prefers triangles, but has been known to accept squares and rectangles.
Bethydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:07 AM   #16 
toad

I do have pictures, but they are on my old, dead computer. I have been too lazy to have all my photos taken off the old hard drive lol :P

Bethydan - that kitty is absolutely gorgeous!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #17 
Bethydan

Thank you! She's my little kitty-model. She was such an ugly, scruffy little kitten when I took her home for bottle-feeding. Maybe that's why I threw a fit when people tried to get me to rehome her. I knew there was a soft, sleek, shiny cat inside there somewhere.
Bethydan is offline   Reply With Quote