Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #1 
mspatriciaanne

New Members Say Hello

Hi just want to say hi and could not find a thread to do it with so here goes ...

Part One .......Hello I have a wonderful blue reg. betta his name is Coy or when in privy MasterBetta.. he a gental thing .. eats reg. and has growen to a wonderful length since I got him 6 months ago.. He has a wonderful 5 gallon tank with a bigger filter. Coy has a great rock that has several fake plants in it that reach the top of his tank.. He uses this wonderful mountian to sleep on.. he half in the water and half out ... He is so spoiled now that when I travel .. and he always goes with me that I have to take this mountian with me.. He was able to swim but now I think he just likes to sit and wait.. Wait for what you ask ? Food and new toys he can sneak under to fake attacks from... he loves to hide in his fake rocks and his little palace city ..

Part Two
there free air in there so sometimes he stays in there so long it scares me .. He loves worms but because I worry about his health I make him eat the pelets in the morning. I love the new filter in his tank but if he did not have such a wonderful mountian to rest upon .. I would worry that he could not keep up his strenght to fight the large current it produces .. but he doing great with the mountian placed furthest from the water current for his rest .. he has not mold or build up and is happy and growing.. I use tape water to fill his tank.. but I boil it first to insure not one drop of unwanted cemicials get near him.. I find the boiled water is best and I don;t need to buy anything to keep the tank clean..

Part Three
I got him a little mirror that keeps him entertained but I only put it up a couple hours a day.. This way he knows he is the boss.. I thank the people working to keep this site up as one day I am sure Coy gonna drag some kind of problem home with him and he gonna need all the help he can get.
well I say bye for now and hope all the betta in the world find someone to love them as much as I love my Coy..

He is my boy Coy ..
best Ms. Patricia Anne

I will get a better profile but not a better friend then Coy ...lol
mspatriciaanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #2 
lelei

Hello, and Welcome to the forum, Aww..he sounds adorable, and you have established a great relationship with your lil guy:) It's a wonderful feeling to have such a bond with a fish..never thought possible, but a betta is not an ordinary fish..they have lil personalities all their own..Cannot wait to see some pix..the tank sounds very nice too..interested in seeing the "Mountain" and the "Castle" that he loves to hide in:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #3 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Hello, and Welcome to the forum, Aww..he sounds adorable, and you have established a great relationship with your lil guy:) It's a wonderful feeling to have such a bond with a fish..never thought possible, but a betta is not an ordinary fish..they have lil personalities all their own..Cannot wait to see some pix..the tank sounds very nice too..interested in seeing the "Mountain" and the "Castle" that he loves to hide in:)
+1
welcome to the forum, it's so cute to read your description of him, it is obvious you really love him. C:
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #4 
mspatriciaanne

thanks for the reply .. yes he is very much loved and looked after .... soon I hope to get him a few females and the pics I will post once I get my camera back as I loaned it out for a couple of weeks .... Your fish as so nice both of you ... mine is just a reg blue one but he grows so fast .. he's about three inches and his fins have gotten so nice over the last few weeks ... I think betta are the most special fish there are ... talk to u all later
Pat and coy
mspatriciaanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #5 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspatriciaanne View Post
thanks for the reply .. yes he is very much loved and looked after .... soon I hope to get him a few females and the pics I will post once I get my camera back as I loaned it out for a couple of weeks .... Your fish as so nice both of you ... mine is just a reg blue one but he grows so fast .. he's about three inches and his fins have gotten so nice over the last few weeks ... I think betta are the most special fish there are ... talk to u all later
Pat and coy
You're not going to keep them in the same tank, right? Males and females can't live together, the male will kill the females.

Be sure if you plan to Breed to do A LOT of research. Breeding is more complicated than most people think!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #6 
Bettanewbie60

Hello Pat and Coy...welcome to the forum!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #7 
Firefly85

hello, im still new here too, but welcome. this forum is great.
Firefly85 is offline   Reply With Quote