Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #51 
LinkLover

If you bring the dead animal back within a certain period of time, they will give you a refund. However, as silly as it may seem, I prefer to bury them, because they deserve to be treated with the same respect as anything else. Unlike Petco, I see them as a pet or a friend, not a product. You have permission to use anything I post that could be of use to help the cause. In fact, I would be honored. :)
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #52 
JessSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChardFish View Post
...keep copies of betta care sheets and your letter, so you can give them out to patrons of the fish section every time you go in. In fact, I might just do that with your permission... :)
That's a great idea! Maybe even print out an extra page with a couple pics showing before & after of a PetCo fish. All of my friends are animal lovers, but they never noticed how bad fish were treated until I showed them a pic of Hercules the day I got him & one 24 hrs later. They were shocked & several of them now own bettas that they love. Sometimes pics speak louder than words.

LinkLover- I dont think it's silly at all that you bury them. Every animal deserves care & compassion! I think it's sweet that you bury them & it really says a lot about the type of person that you are.
JessSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #53 
LinkLover

JessSH, thank you, I'm glad that someone understands how much someone can love a fish. As I'm sure most people on this forum feel the same way. :)
Old 07-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #54 
bettasloveme

So I have not gotten a phone call back from Petco.

I wish I could of gotten a Petco number for their offices. I should loge another complaint, another nearby store has bettas that are always in filthy containers, with half of them with SBD or pop eye.

Its not only their bettas too, the other fish are in moldy tanks with no signs of water changes... poor things.

Their other animals are even worse. :(
bettasloveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #55 
toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkLover View Post
However, as silly as it may seem, I prefer to bury them

This isn't silly at all! I haven't lost any fish since I started keeping them on my own at the end of March; but when my brother and I were kids, we would bury all the fish that passed away. I feel that it's disrespectful to flush their little bodies; no one would flush their dog or cat, after all.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #56 
LinkLover

Bettasloveme, definitely send a letter, email, or make a call. Even if they don't respond, at least you know you're doing everything you can to help. Toad, I completely agree. Ever since I was little, we have always buried any animal that died, fish, rodent, what have you. Luckily I grew up in a home where ALL animals were loved and respected, and very well taken care of.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #57 
ChardFish

Yeah, we bury too. I wouldn't literally throw a fish at someone, and I would take the dead fish home again after my complaint for proper services. I have always felt that if you take a pet into your family, treat them like family. If your plan is to let them languish and die, leave at the store, where they have a chance of someone else doing right by them!
ChardFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #58 
bettafishfinnatic

yaa.. that letter was a wiinnnnnnner
bettafishfinnatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #59 
LinkLover

ChardFish, I totally agree! And bettafishfinnatic, thank you. :)