Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2012, 11:47 PM   #11 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

She is a beauty and cattle dogs are very smart ! I adopted from my local shelter a Corgi and cattle dog mix and he loves walks and is so much fun and gets along with dogs and cats he loves everybody !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #12 
Pataflafla

Yeah, our favorite trail is about 1.5 or 2 miles long and it's surrounded by our lake for the most part so there's swimming too. she hopped in the kiddie pool, so hopefully she'll enjoy swimming in the lake too.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #13 
bettafishfinnatic

hope everything works out... dogs are mans best friend lol keep us posted
bettafishfinnatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #14 
Pataflafla

we'll be picking her up in less than 12 hours and we've already got her booked fora busy day.

It's picking her up, bringing her to Petsmart to get food, toys, collar and leash, and a bed.

Then to the dog park to wear her out before introducing to the kitties and my dog.

then teaching her the boundaries of the house.

Poor girl's gonna have her head spinning.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:20 AM   #15 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pataflafla View Post
we'll be picking her up in less than 12 hours and we've already got her booked fora busy day.

It's picking her up, bringing her to Petsmart to get food, toys, collar and leash, and a bed.

Then to the dog park to wear her out before introducing to the kitties and my dog.

then teaching her the boundaries of the house.

Poor girl's gonna have her head spinning.
What a lucky little girl! If only every dog could have what you're going to give to her. A good home.

Keep us updated... Pictures won't hurt;) LOL
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:23 AM   #16 
Pataflafla

Pictures for sure. Possibly some videos since we were told she likes to talk. I really do hope she works out since she seems like she's dying of boredom at the shelter. She's been there for 3 weeks now, so her time's running out.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:25 AM   #17 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Pictures for sure. Possibly some videos since we were told she likes to talk. I really do hope she works out since she seems like she's dying of boredom at the shelter. She's been there for 3 weeks now, so her time's running out.
Aww poor baby. Just curious- does the shelter tell the previous owners when the dog is adopted? If for any reason I ever had to give up a dog, I would love to know that the dog got a home rather than being put down...
Old 07-26-2012, 12:52 AM   #18 
Pataflafla

No, unfortunately they don't. the shelter was recently forced into the city's care as the original runners were found for malpractice with euthanasia and general care.

The police are responsible for bringing in stray dogs now instead of animal control as well.

I'm hoping the new management might change things for the better. It already seems to be doing much better and the change was just implemented.

I know the owners of my new cat Panini are in contact with my sister's work (Where we adopted her from since they run a very small rehoming operation) and ask about her occasionally. they recently requested our phone number but I refused since they were the ones that abused the cat and didn't do anything to work around her food allergies even though "they loved her so much." They only get to know that she has a home and is doing wonderfully.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #19 
Pataflafla

Picked her up at 8:30 this morning.

She's fixating on the cats a bit, but they're very nervous about her. It's just gonna take some time, training, and a lot of exercise. she did splendidly with Anvil though and loved the car ride.

Might change her name since she doesn't respond to hers at all.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #20 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Picked her up at 8:30 this morning.

She's fixating on the cats a bit, but they're very nervous about her. It's just gonna take some time, training, and a lot of exercise. she did splendidly with Anvil though and loved the car ride.

Might change her name since she doesn't respond to hers at all.
Aww. Unless she is full on "I'm trying to eat you kitty" I'm sure she will get used to them. My two dogs were ages 3 & 9 when we first brought cat's into the house... They did chase at first. Now they're good with them, the only time they bother them is when the cat's run, I guess it's just their natural prey drive... The cat's like to groom the dogs & chew their ears LOL