Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2012, 03:06 AM   #31 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChardFish View Post
Yes, and "alive" and "happy" are not the same thing at all!
Unfortunately people tend to forget the bad things when it does not effct them personally.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:52 AM   #32 
shadow123

I agree i think that the bettas from walmart are treated badly and that the workers dont really care unless their goinig to loss their jobs.And also when i buy bettas from walmart I feel happy because i was the one who saved a betta.When we buy a betta from walmart we give the bettas a little bit of good experice:) therefore the ones who are in walmart die with alot of bad experice:( and i also agree that u rock toad for trying to change the way things go in walmart.:)
shadow123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #33 
Pilot00

My only objection is that when we save them (and that goes for every pet) we add to the vicious cycle. I just cant decide on this.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #34 
toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow123 View Post
I agree i think that the bettas from walmart are treated badly and that the workers dont really care unless their goinig to loss their jobs.And also when i buy bettas from walmart I feel happy because i was the one who saved a betta.When we buy a betta from walmart we give the bettas a little bit of good experice:) therefore the ones who are in walmart die with alot of bad experice:( and i also agree that u rock toad for trying to change the way things go in walmart.:)
Thank you, my dear!

I know that we are contributing to the cycle when we rescue these fish, but, frankly, either we take the fish and store replaces them, or the fish die and the store replaces them.

The best we can hope for, it seems, is to complain and complain and complain so that they will change the way the fish are cared for
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #35 
OrangeAugust

I'd never heard of Walmart selling bettas until I came here to these forums, so while I was at Walmart the other day, I was just curious to see if they actually sold bettas. So I found the fish stuff, and they just had maybe three small fish tanks filled with water, and only one of them had fish in it. I don't even know what they were. No bettas. I guess I should be glad they don't sell bettas in Walmart around here since all I hear is bad things about the way Walmart treats their bettas.

Last edited by OrangeAugust; 07-27-2012 at 08:08 AM.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #36 
toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeAugust View Post
I'd never heard of Walmart selling bettas until I came here to these forums, so while I was at Walmart the other day, I was just curious to see if they actually sold bettas. So I found the fish stuff, and they just had maybe three small fish tanks filled with water, and only one of them had fish in it. I don't even know what they were. No bettas. I guess I should be glad they don't sell bettas in Walmart around here since all I hear is bad things about the way Walmart treats their bettas.

Orange, may I ask what side of CT you're on? Because I live in the NE corner of the state, a few minutes from the Mass and RI border.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #37 
OrangeAugust

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
Orange, may I ask what side of CT you're on? Because I live in the NE corner of the state, a few minutes from the Mass and RI border.
Oh, hi fellow Nutmegger!
I live in New Britain (which is just southwest of Hartford). The Walmart I went to a few days ago is nearby in Newington on the Berlin Turnpike. I haven't checked other Walmarts yet (I might go to the one near work today, which is about 20 miles south of the one in Newington... although they are working on that store so there's a lot of stuff they don't have right now).
But I'd just never heard of bettas in Walmarts before. Then again, I never knew they sold live fish, of any kind, but there they were. lol.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #38 
toad

That's good to hear :) I hope the store near me will stop selling them soon!
Old 07-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #39 
KermieBetta01

It's awesome that you talked to so many people and stood your ground! I agree with you about the mistreatment of fish let alone bettas that they sell at Walmart. PlEASE go to my profile and click on "help band this tank" Walmart is trying to sell a lava lamp "tank".
KermieBetta01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #40 
ChardFish

Smile

Quote:
But the baby girls are home safe, in clean water, and for right now I have them in two 1 gallon critter keeper type containers, each with a mug to hide in. I'm trying to figure out if I should put them in my 20 gallon long with some tetras, or if I should buy them each a little 3 gallon tank.
How are the ladies faring? I woke up, and looked at my little Cambodian ladies in my sorority by my bed, and remembered their "sister" and her friend at your place, and wanted to ask about them. Are they named yet? :)
ChardFish is offline   Reply With Quote