Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #1 
LebronTheBetta

What's so Special about your Betta?

I was just wondering what makes our Bettas special. I mean, like a distinct color or different eye colors? Or even jumping every time they see you. So I'll start. Lebron's special since well, one of his pectoral fins are transparent and the other one has red with transparent edges. He even jumps unexpectedly when I feed him his pellets. He'll jump for anything. ^^

So, what about your Bettas? What makes them so special?
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #2 
LinkLover

My betta is special because he's the Hero of Time, and saves Hyrule from death and destruction. And even with all the enemies he fights, and miles he travels, he still has time to follow my face whenever I come up to his tank. :)
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #3 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkLover View Post
My betta is special because he's the Hero of Time, and saves Hyrule from death and destruction. And even with all the enemies he fights, and miles he travels, he still has time to follow my face whenever I come up to his tank. :)
Even if that sounded freaking awesome, WHAT?? That sounds like a freaking awesome adventure story, though.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #4 
LinkLover

Hahaha. His name is Link, after the Legend of Zelda series. I'm a total Zelda nut, even if I do suck at playing the games. :P
Old 07-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #5 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkLover View Post
Hahaha. His name is Link, after the Legend of Zelda series. I'm a total Zelda nut, even if I do suck at playing the games. :P
Oh!! I get it now. Earlier this year, I was being a fail about that series. I thought Link's name was Zelda except that was the princess being captured. That makes sense now!!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #6 
LinkLover

Yea, when I was little I thought Link's name was Zelda too. Haha. I totally suck at games period, but I just LOVE that series. That's why when I got my betta I knew I had to name him Link (I said the next pet I got, that's what I would name him).
Old 07-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #7 
LebronTheBetta

It's a nice name. It should be called the Legend of Link. Well, that's my opinion.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #8 
LinkLover

I COMPLETELY AGREE! I get that Zelda is the princess and all that, but Link saves the world from being destroyed, I think that's kind of important. Sorry, I didn't want to totally de-rail your thread.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #9 
lelei

Oh I just love this Lebron..There are so many things that make each one of them special..Let me start with Sapphire, because he is a rescue fishy..and is thriving and showing color changes, and he just has something very special about him, he is active, energetic, and loves attention, he is now flaring-full flaring at my finger, or when he sees his reflection, he is like a lil snake, loves to slither his VT body around his plants, he loves to let his ventrals drop now, so when he rests on his plants or his spongebob pinapple, his ventrals hang so pretty in the water, he is almost affectionate, when I put in the food, he loves to jump, and high for the pellet, and then when I put my finger in he used to grab at it, now he just rubs up against it, it is the cutest lil thing, and I swear he knows I saved him, and he's thanking me:) I just adore this lil guy, so much he brings me happiness, and I return the favor..:)

For Sammy, I love him - he's our first fishy, and he is very special..he has grown, and he knows his name, when we call him, or talk to him, you would swear he's talking back, and having a conversation with us, and he also loves to jump for joy..especially when it's feeding time, and always comes to the window, as well as Sapphire when we peek in to see what he is doing, he is loving his new tank, and it fits him so well now, when we first put him in, he looked lost, now he just adores his new Floating log, and for the first time, he is full flaring as well, he hold a very special place in my heart, as well as Sapphire, and I just love both my fishies...
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #10 
LinkLover

Lelei, it sounds like you have an AMAZING connection with your fishies! They both sound like puppies the way you describe them. :)