Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #11 
Ink

Mine refused to eat the TetraBetta pellets too,I got the Hikari pellets and he eats them in about three seconds now.
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #12 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
I agree with NLS pellets. Hikari Bio-Gold changed their ingredients and now the ingredients are just full of cheap fillers. I bought mine at eBay but I've heard that it can be in Petco.
I been seeing that a lot, the ingredient change.. but do the NLS float?? that is one of my concerns with those ones. I hear they sink..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #13 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
I been seeing that a lot, the ingredient change.. but do the NLS float?? that is one of my concerns with those ones. I hear they sink..
They do. Well, at least mine do. I feed 1 pellet at a time, though. If it does sink like on the way to the bottom, Lebron still gets it. I'm not sure if Sammy or Sapphire will do that, though. Lebron <3 his food. ^^
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #14 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
They do. Well, at least mine do. I feed 1 pellet at a time, though. If it does sink like on the way to the bottom, Lebron still gets it. I'm not sure if Sammy or Sapphire will do that, though. Lebron <3 his food. ^^
They have gotten so used to eating from the surface, that they won't see the pellet in time, and lose it, if it sinks..hahaha..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #15 
LebronTheBetta

Haha It floats long enough for the Betta to eat it so it OK! ;)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #16 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

lelei....They will sink so what I do is feed one at a time and try to drop the pellet right in front of Perseus. I have seen him go after one if it starts to sink so he does pretty good at catching them. I have to take my hood off to feed him so I use a little flashlight to watch with and make sure he gets the pellet as I drop it in as close as possible right in front of him and that works fairly well. Also tap the water at the spot you want to feed him in. They make feeding rings I have seen at my LPS but I have never tried one myself, might be worth a try. They are just a round floating circle that the fish swim inside and you drop the pellet into the circle.
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #17 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwarren103 View Post
Hmm do you know of any cheap pellets that bettas like? I got my betta at walmart and one of the only pellets I saw were TetraBetta floating mini pellets with color enhancers, so I got those.
I got the Omega One buffet pellets at petsmart, and they weren't a lot of money..I think around $4. My newest betta has been with me almost two weeks and he still doesn't seem very interested in them, though my other two gobble them down. I tried flakes with him too..stuck his nose up. I was just going to post this same concern. I am just going to give him time. He's swimming around, his color is good..so, maybe still just adapting. Stinks when they don't eat. I never had this problem with my first two, so it's frustrating!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:17 AM   #18 
toad

I also use the Omega One :) They are microscopic and all five kids are devouring them. Though they are tiny, I am having to crush them up for the girls. My boys have no problem with them.

One weird thing is that some of the pellets are defective and sink immediately. Howie likes the sinking ones, and he chases them down and catches them. He's the only one who will chase them.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #19 
kjwarren103

Okay so I cut the pellets in pieces and he ate them now! Some of them sank before he could get to them, but I replaced them. I'm so happy! :)

Also, you guys mention having several bettas. Do you just keep them in separate containers or do you have a divider in your aquariums? I have a 10 gallon I can get for free so I was thinking of getting a divider and putting two bettas in there
kjwarren103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #20 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
I also use the Omega One :) They are microscopic and all five kids are devouring them. Though they are tiny, I am having to crush them up for the girls. My boys have no problem with them.

One weird thing is that some of the pellets are defective and sink immediately. Howie likes the sinking ones, and he chases them down and catches them. He's the only one who will chase them.
I noticed that some of them sink also..not many of them, just that one now and then. Buddy and Bella don't give them a chance to hit the water lol. Beau is still not eating..and now, I have another new betta! Hubby is going nuts lol.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote