Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #6811 
MistersMom

im dividing my 20 gallon 4 ways....
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #6812 
Mandy204

My 1st tank

http://emob820.photobucket.com/album...g?t=1343015885
http://emob820.photobucket.com/album...g?t=1343015925

Hello. This is my first tank...and my first Betta fish. His name is Goldie (my 4yr old son named him). I've had him for 2 weeks and I love him. He's very interesting to watch and he's very responsive to me...I think that's what he's doing. He is in a 3 gallon tank, with a filter, heater, thermometer, fake plants and a fake log to hide in. I hope it's a good tank for him.
Mandy204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #6813 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy204 View Post
http://emob820.photobucket.com/album...g?t=1343015885
http://emob820.photobucket.com/album...g?t=1343015925

Hello. This is my first tank...and my first Betta fish. His name is Goldie (my 4yr old son named him). I've had him for 2 weeks and I love him. He's very interesting to watch and he's very responsive to me...I think that's what he's doing. He is in a 3 gallon tank, with a filter, heater, thermometer, fake plants and a fake log to hide in. I hope it's a good tank for him.
What a wonderful set up! I'm sure he is very happy, I'm very impressed that you did your very first tank the right way! Kudos to you!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #6814 
Mandy204

Thanks. I did alot of reading on this forum before I brought him home. So much great information.
Mandy204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #6815 
acadialover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy204 View Post
Thanks. I did alot of reading on this forum before I brought him home. So much great information.
Really nice tank. Pretty fish. may he live long and prosper.
He has a good human to care for him !
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:55 PM   #6816 
SweetNightmare

Click for full size pictures.

My naturally planted 2.5, finally blossoming now that it has some fast growing stem feeders. (Thanks to OldFishLady's advice!) The only reason he doesn't have a cave is because of his banana plant; the leaves curve together to make a little natural cave. :) I just bend the leaves under just slightly any time they start to straighten out, cause I like the look. This is home to Connor, the cambodian butterfly piebald crowntail.

The 10 gallon, recovering from an algae bloom. ((It's slowly disappearing thanks to OldFishLady's advice!)) Sorry for the glare, my phone camera's terrible. This is home to the blue (marble?) combtail(?) with a red mask, Sora. Along with his tankmates, six golden white cloud mountain minnows, four julii cories(or possibly three-line, hard to tell), and an assassin snail named Ezio to protect me from stray snail babies. ((I realize I'm a little over stocked, but I'm also heavily planted. I have three baby swords, an adult sword, looooots of stem feeders, and it's an npt, so fish waste=fertilizer.))
SweetNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #6817 
mkayum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post
I don't know why this struck me as funny but the latest betta I took home was one I saw in Petco forEVER and referred to as "Unicorn". What does your guy "Unicorn" look like, out of curiosity?
Uhhh that's a good question. Haha! I took him in when the petco are in process getting rid of several dead betta fish. Me and my mother walked by the betta section and my mother spotted something and there was a purple betta! My mom said that he's beautiful and I never had seen a purple betta before and I found out that what they would plan to these sick bettas... the petco were planning to get rid of him too so I decided to ask the manager to make a deal and she agreed to sell it for a dollar. (We knew each other because I went to petco MANY times and was a good customer) lol. So I bought him and had a mini journey to Wendy's to eat. He was swimming and checking out what he sees. lol. I asked my parents what to name him, they couldn't think of a name lol. His colors remind me of Unicorn, normally I see unicorn toys or stuff with purple ish color something do with theme. So I named him Unicorn because of his colors. I thought it was kind weird but I got used to that name. My parents loved that name and thought it was cute for my purple betta fish.

mkayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #6818 
mkayum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D View Post
Beautiful Tank!! Love it....but it's a bit crowded for 5 bettas. Maybe divide the 5g into two and only have four in the 10g?
thanks....

I have five bettas and I plan to set up a 5 gallon for just Unicorn which is still in the divided ten gallon tank....
This is Unicorn and he'll be living in the five gallon tank just himself.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #6819 
mkayum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoy79 View Post
I would never thought to divide a 10 gallon FIVE ways. thats probably about a gallon or 1.5 gallons per betta when you include substrate, etc. . I have a 15 gallon divided 3 ways.....
its only temporary..........
Old 07-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #6820 
teeneythebetta

Well my tank has changed. A LOT. It looks ugly right now, im hoping to add more to it. I killed a lot of my live plants as well.. i think im going to stick to only java fern & anubias... haha. Teeney is on her side and the other side is waiting for Tiny once shes done in QT.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank