Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-26-2012, 05:16 AM   #871 
Shirleythebetta

Thats the hard thing. He is so big and I am the type that doesn't just trust anyone. Just because they say they are good with pets don't mean they are. you know?
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #872 
dramaqueen
Banned

I got up at 11:30 and I still feel so tired. Bleh. At least I don't have to cook dinner. We go to Bob Evans on fridays after my mom has her hair done then I have to go to Kohls to return a top. I'm going to the doctor's on tuesday to see about my thumb/wrist. I know what it is because I had it in the other hand about 5 or 6 years ago. I had to go through physical therapy, take anti inflammatories and wear a brace because the doctor wouldn't give me a shot of cortisone. I'm hoping this other guy will just give me a shot and be done with it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #873 
Shirleythebetta

Arthritis or carpal tunnel. My mom suffers from arthritis and likes the cortisone.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #874 
Bettanewbie60

Hey DQ, Bob Evan's sounds good. All of my arthritis pain is completely GONE...but, you probably won't like how I got rid of it. I stopped eating wheat, yes, wheat. No pasta, bread, rolls, cakes, cookies etc. This is NOT because of any medical reason. I just read about all the things they have done to genetically modify wheat and grains, and what it does to the body, so I tried it. Never thought I would say, but I've been three months wheat free now. I have lost all my joint pain (wheat is a known inflammatory) , dry skin is better, no more migraines, depression gone, and awful hot flashes GONE. I didn't think all of it could have been helped by just stopping eating wheat, but I have had wheat three time in the past two weeks, and the hot flashes are back, and today my joints hurt when I got up, I'm also very tired. So, I guess it was an experiment of sorts. I don't eat wheat. I hope you get some relief soon. Hugs
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #875 
dramaqueen
Banned

Wow. Do you mean no wheat or no gluten? I would have a hard time giving up some stuff like cookies. Lol. I've got an appointment Tuesday so hopefully I'll get relief.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #876 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Wow. Do you mean no wheat or no gluten? I would have a hard time giving up some stuff like cookies. Lol. I've got an appointment Tuesday so hopefully I'll get relief.
It is literally NO Wheat, mostly no grains either. Wheat is especially bad for the human body. I know this goes against what most AMA, ADA etc. say, "more healthy whole grains", but the rise in blood sugar after eating wheat and grains is extreme, which causes obesity, and the genetic mods of wheat have changed it dramatically in the past 50 years. I honestly never thought I could do it either, but I eat lots of other really good food. Meats, cheese, eggs, butter, veggies, nuts, fruit...just no wheat/grains. I feel better than I have in years. Oh, and most "gluten free" foods have starches in them that dramatically increase blood sugar, thus causing us to store fat. Sorry so long lol...it's a lot of info I got from a heart doc who wrote a book about it. I'm glad I gave it up. Again, I've given in a couple of times, but the return of my symptoms is so not worth it. I also lost 17 pounds in the first 3 months without any increased activity. All my results from this have been good.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #877 
Bettanewbie60

Let me know how you are doing after your appt. on Tuesday...praying all the best for you my friend...more huggers!
Old 07-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #878 
dramaqueen
Banned

Thank you. Shirley, I have an inflamed tendon in my wrist and thumb, called DeQuervains disease. I had it in my other hand several years ago. I'm assuming they'll give me a shot and that will be it. They may give me anti inflammatory and a brace, I don't know.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #879 
dramaqueen
Banned

OMG, we just had a hailstorm with almost marble sized hail! For some reason this forum won't let me post videos so I can't post the video I took.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #880 
Shirleythebetta

I had some hail last night *shivers* I do the gluten free diet too. I have a couple days I spoil myself but I was having tummy aches and gaining weight. I decided to cut out the Gluten (wheat, whey, rye, barley) and I am reducing my soda (because of the sodium) and I have lost 22 pounds. I have hip dysplasia too and my hips haven't hurt nearly as bad. It sucks but you can have a naughty day every now and then. It's worth it.