Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #11 
Oldfishlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by KermieBetta01 View Post
this is less than half a gallon, with no horizontal room to swim. compared to this they may as well be stored in a cup, such as the one in your profile picture. I can't tell if you're sarcastic or genuine but please see the seriousness of this situation.
Lots of different ways to correctly keep this species and while you have the right to your opinion-no need to be overly critical of others.

Often small containers are used for pic.

The small temporary cups on store shelves are just that...Temporary...just like all the other species of fish seen in pet shops that are overstocked , improperly stocked...etc.....

Its the consumers job to research needs and not assume what they see on store shelves are correct or what they are told by staff is correct, however, it sad that we can't rely on proper info and supplies.
I do agree that the lave lamp is not ideal.

DO NOT refer or use Bettafish.com in review to stores.......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #12 
KermieBetta01

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelseyleah343 View Post
I am being serious, also that was a picture from when I was changing out the tank. I do see the seriousness of the situation, no betta should be kept in a .42 gallon.. well, "tank". They are living things, not decorations.
could not agree more!
KermieBetta01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #13 
teeneythebetta

I submitted a bad review :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:02 PM   #14 
KermieBetta01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
Lots of different ways to correctly keep this species and while you have the right to your opinion-no need to be overly critical of others.

Often small containers are used for pic.

The small temporary cups on store shelves are just that...Temporary...just like all the other species of fish seen in pet shops that are overstocked , improperly stocked...etc.....

Its the consumers job to research needs and not assume what they see on store shelves are correct or what they are told by staff is correct, however, it sad that we can't rely on proper info and supplies.
I do agree that the lave lamp is not ideal.

DO NOT refer or use Bettafish.com in review to stores.......
I respect your opinion but there is a difference between live able and not suitable for a living creature. This is not made to be temporary the tank is made to be a permanent home for the fish. You wouldn't put a st. Bernard in a tv would you? Just the same as you wouldn't put a fish in a lamp.
In the description it is called the perfect and ideal tank for children. A parent could take the child there with the intention to buy a fish and tank of their child's choice. it being a lava lamp with many colors is very appealing to children, thus their parents will buy it. I and other betta fish owners are trying to prevent that and others situations like it from happening.
KermieBetta01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #15 
Greylady

Done, review posted.
Greylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #16 
Pilot00

How do i write a review on the thing? I just registered.

EDIT: Found it.

How can people give it good reviews?

Last edited by Pilot00; 07-27-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #17 
SparklE fin

I find it funny how these itty bitty tanks are like $30-$40 that my soup bowl carries more water, but the 10 gallon tank on there is $12.
SparklE fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #18 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklE fin View Post
I find it funny how these itty bitty tanks are like $30-$40 that my soup bowl carries more water, but the 10 gallon tank on there is $12.
So true. The lava lamp tank is $25. My 10 gallon kit (includes tank, hood w/ light & filter) costs $30 in store at walmart.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #19 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
So true. The lava lamp tank is $25. My 10 gallon kit (includes tank, hood w/ light & filter) costs $30 in store at walmart.
That is what I just did, in my review..a nice bad one, dam I should of copied and pasted it, well, basically I said, I would never even remotely consider buying such a horribly thought out Prison WIth lights for a beautiful betta fish..A fish needs SWim room, and this provides none, and all is see is a place to put a fish, and forget about it..in this pretty lil lamp, well, a betta fish is not a decoration you can just put in a lamp, and for the cost of such a horrid and cruel device you can buy a 5-10 gallon setup for your betta that would be the IDEAL enviornment to house a betta, not a Lamp Prison with lighting..Please do not buy this Betta death trap!! (All from Memory)
..And It makes me sick to think how many people think this is a Tank, Do not even call a lamp a tank, and Please do not use this for a living creature!!!
I am writing to Hawkeye..too
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #20 
lelei

Write to the company Hawkeye, International
cservice@hawkeyeaquarium.com
Cause for concern..let them know..I am doing a letter right now!!
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote