Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #21 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcSaf View Post
i kinda wish i had a heater, but unfortunately, i dont. also, i dont think i really have enough money for new rocks, and a heater. i have the floating bit on the list already, so they know about that... i also havent packed yet and am leaving tomorrow morning hehehe...
I know the cheapest heater you can get that is good quality... This is a good size for your 2.5 gal. I have the 50 watt for my 2.5 gal QT and a 100 watt for my 10 gal. I've had no problems with these heaters and the price is a steal! It is adjustable & has a thermostat. If you click on the "12 new" highlighted, select the one that costs $13 (it's $9 plus $4 shipping) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...w_bottom_links

Rocks aren't necessary right now but a heater is very important for your betta.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #22 
KcSaf

...I WILL BITE MY DADS HEAD OFF!!! he comes home and sees the small bowl on the counter:
dad: wheres the fish?
me: in the bathroom
dad: you put him in the big bowl?
me: ya
dad: those fish arent supposed to be in bowls that big
me: yes, they are.
dad: no, they are supposed to be in those *points to cup that Osore came in*
me: no, they're not.
dad: ya, thats what they have them in in stores, and they are in there for a long time.
me: thats only so they dont take up to much space
Then i walk downstairs fuming, wishing i had said more on the subject in Osore's defense...RAWR i am angry, and still havent packed yet!!!! he also said "if you keep changing his water like that he's going to die...seriously." also says it puts a lot of stress on Osore to change water so often, and that with a bowl that big i shouldnt need to change it every week. now im not sure he will do that for me while im gone, and i think my mom feels the same. my brother doesnt care all that much.
KcSaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #23 
LebronTheBetta

*Makes confused face* What? How can he say that. It's a bummer he's like that. I asked my dad about what he thinks of those tiny cups and he said "They shouldn't be in those cups.". Your dad's right about the too much water changes can stress them but that happens if you do water changes EVERY DAY. I hope he sees that Bettas need more than just bowls.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #24 
teeneythebetta

Funny I have a petco betta cup that says "this cup is not intended as a permanent home for your betta fish"

Do you have a friend that can look after him? I know it's last minute but I'd hate for something bad to happen. I'm sorry Hun :(
Old 07-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #25 
KcSaf

i definetly trust WildFlower with Osore, we are good friends, and she lives close by, maybe i could get her to change his water... and i think he meant that they are able to live in bodies of water that small, which is true, they could live in them, but not THRIVE, plus it would be like living in my upstairs bathroom(which is like 6x6) and that is definetly not enough room to move about considering the sink takes up a quarter of the room and the toilet another quarter, so about 6 square feet to live in...TINY. oh and thanks for everything guys, you have been super helpful with all my questions, and even helped me vent!
Old 07-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #26 
WildFlower

So do you want me to go over to you're house and change the water? -_- All alone without you?!? You could drop him off at my house tonight if you have the time....that might be the easy way out because I know how to feed him etc. But it's up to you!
WildFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #27 
KcSaf

i will ask, but i just put him in the big bowl, and its super heavy... uggg, dont be lazy KcSaf! geez... ok, i will ask, brb...
Mom: hes not going to die!
me: will you change his water?
Dad: yes, we will change his water, and if he dies we will let you know.
Me: ...
Dad: have you read the instructions on betta fish?
me: YES
Dad: is he supposed to be in a big bowl like that?
me: yes.
Dad: you're full of crap, get out of here.
(btw he said that last bit with a smile, he was joking, he just doesnt care about my fish.)
so no sorry Kazumi apparently, i cannot entrust my fishie to you, because my parents are "completely worthy"
Old 07-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #28 
teeneythebetta

Wow. O_O
I don't get why they would want you to keep him at home since they don't care about him...

I'd be running out the Door with him, off to wildflower's house! LOOL. I wish I knew someone on this site personally. I only have 1 friend that has a betta and I tried educating them politely on good care, they told me I was wrong and the pet store person said the conditions their betta lived in was fine. ._.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #29 
KcSaf

woah... thats pretty sad...for them! they should have listened, especially to you: a senior member who obviously knows what they are talking about, i hope their betta lives a long life despite their owner turning down a good oppurtunity
Old 07-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #30 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcSaf View Post
woah... thats pretty sad...for them! they should have listened, especially to you: a senior member who obviously knows what they are talking about, i hope their betta lives a long life despite their owner turning down a good oppurtunity
Aww that made me feel good to read :)