Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #61 
inareverie85

I've become addicted to the idea of whites.

I passed on the males I listed, will wait for the perfect one.

But I did buy a second female. Genetic diversity and all that jazz ;) She's not as great as my other white, but I think she is definitely very nice.

She has a nice body, topline is ok, lots or rays on her caudal, though the edges are definitely not sharp. Will need to work on that. Her dorsal is larger than my other gal, and her anal is not overly long. I think she's definitely in a good place.

What do you all think? I think these girls are both rather nice, and they can correct possibly inherited faults in each other's offspring. This girl can help with smaller dorsals, the other girl has superior anal fin length and caudal structure.

It will all come down to the boy(s), I guess. But I like the idea of having two pairs, all from different genetic pools, to start.
inareverie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #62 
Sincerely

Both are promising females

I love whites, but for me form always comes before color. Even if I love the color I sit on my hands knowing eventually a better one will come along. I wanted to mention that female #2 seems to have longer ventral's than usual, or it may just be the way she is holding them. You will have to tell me when they come in

I thought I would post this girl since the bid has bumped up to 51.00$

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1343704718

Unsure as to why she is being so viciously bid on (Its really between two people), overall she is an average HM female. It must be because she is a Chocolate female, although the blue wash in her would say otherwise. Her dorsal is very nice for a girl, good shape and dorsal base (I do not think she has DT in her bloodline.) Her caudal needs some work, I would prefer sharper edges and a wider spread than what she has (especially considering the branching she has for such a spread. She needs less branching and more webbing to help create more spread.), her corners round as well. The anal fin is sloped and should be level and could be a smidgen shorter. Her scaling is not uniform, it seems to warp behind her pectorals. A slight dip in the topline near the head.

Personally, I would not breed this girl. There is too much work to start a line with unless you are up for a challenge. Chocolate's are not common but her blue wash could ruin it if you are trying to keep color's clean. Like I said this is an average female seen on Aquabid commonly up for bid.
Sincerely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #63 
inareverie85

I saw her, myself. Had no idea the bids were that high though! Would not have expected that.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:00 PM   #64 
vilmarisv

Ive been wanting to breed white... forever.
But I've gotten soooo picky with form & finnage that I never find AB fish good enough.
I'm always looking, though
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:04 PM   #65 
Anitax3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilmarisv View Post
Ive been wanting to breed white... forever.
But I've gotten soooo picky with form & finnage that I never find AB fish good enough.
I'm always looking, though
I am the exact same way. Maybe we are just picky LOL.
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #66 
vilmarisv

Probably... hopefully Karen's plans for her white will work and she'll create her own line.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #67 
inareverie85

So, I see that you're all very picky with form, which is good. But all I guess I understand from those posts is that my fish do not meet your standards. I'd like to know where they fall short though.

I am just wondering what the defects are with my own girls. So I know what to improve?

Last edited by inareverie85; 07-27-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #68 
vilmarisv

I think you've matched your fish very well looking to balance their strenght ans weaknesses.

I'm particularly picky with imports as I've never had one survive past 4 months and I'm not willing to pay a pricetag that high when I can get a non-white outstanding fish form Karen.
Your first white female is stunning and one I would've probably picked up for myself.

I'll be looking for your results in this pairing!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:47 PM   #69 
inareverie85

Ah, I see. :) I thank you for the compliments.

Really though, if you guys can tell me what to prioritize when seeking boys, please do.

I'm just wanting to learn.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #70 
Twilight Storm

I just saw this thread for the first time. inareverie85 I love that black and blue male HM you posted back there in the thread. I about died when I saw him. I may just come and fish-nap him from you lol!!

I love the idea of this thread btw. I am enjoying myself looking at the fish and using what I learned, against what the person posting, posted about the fish, then reading other members views and seeing how my own compared. :) Edited to clarify it was this guy below. Love him.

Last edited by Twilight Storm; 07-28-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote