Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2012, 06:12 AM   #11 
mahi

Are you doing a fish less cycle? In that case I would recommend to not change water until the cycle is complete. Water changes just slow the cycle down.
mahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #12 
Meggie6347

Like spookytooth said, cories do best in 6+...the smallest I would put anything like Pygmy cories in is a ten gallon...MINIMUM.

Some good low tech plants are java fern (Wuxi I already see you have...tie it to driftwood or something, don't burry it), anubias (EXTREMELY durable...never been able to kill one yet! But it's another plant that needs to be ties to something or left floating), crypts are good, swords should worm for you, java moss, ludwigia I think, elodea (or anarchis...but it tends to be a bit messy...another good floating plant), hornwart (good floating plant), frog bit (floating plant)... I know you asked for ones that go in the ground, but I love floating plants...love the look, so I mentioned some of those, too

The plants that aren't floating plants that I mentioned should do fine in the sand. Mine do, anyway...also I think that you could stick hornwart and elodea (anarchis) into the substrate if you wanted to, but I think they're hard to get to stay down, and they look good as floating plants...and many bettas love floating plants
Meggie6347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #13 
mkayum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahi View Post
Are you doing a fish less cycle? In that case I would recommend to not change water until the cycle is complete. Water changes just slow the cycle down.
I'm using my white cloud minnow to help Unicorn out lol. This little guy is strong and he lives with two large minnows in the ten gallon tank with seven kuhili loaches and the minnows was feeder fish. I had two feeder minnows for about 3 or 4 years now. The one white cloud minnow was last of his kind to be alive, his group died in a few months later. But he's alive and kicking and cleaning off my 3 years old minnow.
mkayum is offline   Reply With Quote