Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2012, 03:03 AM   #11 
vP H O T O Nv

Delta just my deep blue red streak Walmart rescue. Since he moved into his 10 Gallon tank he has become cocky, most of the time he is Flared up swimming around his castle. When I come to the tank he will swim over to me. Look at me, then swim around his pink plant 3 times, before flaring again. Anybody else that comes to the tank he flares, and goes to the back of the tank till they leave. I have got him scheduled. Right before I go to work usually at 10 am he gets fed, then I get him food at 10pm. Usually he will start jumping at 12/1 before I go to bed. This means he wants to be cocky at me, get his bloodworm then go to bed. Every night it's in his castle where the suction can't get him.

Epsilon my adopted CT girl. I don't see any habits at the moment. She's pretty a picky eater. I give her 1 blood worm a day, a small pinch of her flakes, and 1 semi crushed pellet, usually in 3rds. She only eats the flakes, the blood worm she sucks out it's flavor and spits it out, and she just loves chasing the pellets around her new filtered tank, if she gets to close to it she stops so it can go farther.
vP H O T O Nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:15 AM   #12 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Cornelius- he is a total spazz. Always looks like he is going somewhere, like he's late to the most important interview of his life. He also gets mad when I spy on him hiding in his hidey places

Alejandro - I am in love with this guy. He is elegant, calm, and seems to really know when I am paying attention to him, he follows my finger, he comes towards me when I look at him, he is friendly, funny, sweet, and he uses every single DIY or store bought toy, cave, plant .. he basically loves everything I get him. He just acts SO cute, I can't explain it.

Purplius - he acts like a graceful, scary warrior who flares a LOT and would kick anyone's butt

Limoncello - he is an underdog. He would be the weakling you have to look out for. He seems delicate, in fact, subconsciously I think I decorated his tank like a preschool or day-care.

Cumulus - still getting to know him but he is silly, he swims very funny, he shakes his face and body a lot.

Nimbus - he's a jumper, he has SBD, and he looks so tiny on his little leaf hammocks I made for him. He loves all the leaf hammocks because of his swim bladder disorder. He's tiny.

New guy - I don't know yet! I know he is cute and seems to have a little attitude so far
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:09 AM   #13 
Wolfboy51

Lazuli- dosent flare much, freaked out if i move my hand too fast, swims to the tank edge when i get hime from school he jumps for food and is always staring at me 0.0
Wolfboy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:09 AM   #14 
KevinPham123

I've got 2 male betta fish. I didn't name them but 1 is a veil tail and the other is a plakat.

Veil tail - EATS EVERYTHING I give him, blood worms, mosquito larvae, pellets of any size. He is so easy going and always builds bubble nest.

Plakat - I just got him 2 days ago, right now he seems very shy and only comes out for food, he hides behind the heater and never comes out to say hello :( Hopefully he is not sick and will one day change attitudes ahah.

thanks for reading.
KevinPham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #15 
OrangeAugust

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckerLove View Post

Teal'c, DT: He is very strange, he is the only betta I have that will not eat blood worms. I can feed him 2-3 blood worms and they will still be there the next day. He is also shy and I got him last week, so he is still newish.
Haha I love that you have a fish named Teal'c.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #16 
Pilot00

Grabby old man with an altitude! Thats Piou. His face has a permanent disapproving glee etched to it. Even when he is happy you cant catch him off guard. One look from that face and feel like you felt in school when the teacher caught you do something you werent supposed to and told your parents.

However when he never misses an opportunity to come say hi or have a 'chat'
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #17 
fleetfish

These are all amazing posts, keep them coming!

Meanwhile, my new copper HM is super curious about everything. At the moment he's trying to eat a cotton ball that's outside of his cup on my desk.
fleetfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:08 AM   #18 
BettaQi

QiQiBaby turquoise crown tail female is kinetic and dashes about like a little lightning bolt.

PranaMama deep blue purple crown tail female moves more smoothly is wider and does a wiggles when she sees me.

I've only had them for a week and they already chase their wand in figure eight patterns!
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote