Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2012, 01:09 AM   #6831 
vP H O T O Nv

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
Photon, the bamboo needs to have its leaves above the waterline or they will die.
Thank you, I didn't know that
vP H O T O Nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:43 AM   #6832 
Greylady

Sorry

Last edited by Greylady; 07-28-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Greylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:48 AM   #6833 
TheCrabbyTabby

Greylady, your link doesn't work. It just says, Forbidden, when I click on it.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:00 AM   #6834 
Greylady

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
Greylady, your link doesn't work. It just says, Forbidden, when I click on it.
Sorry, I've been trying for 45 mins, can't get it to work, no idea what I'm doing, so frustrating!!!, I did manage to get it in an album so if anyone wants to see it will have to be there. Sorry
Old 07-28-2012, 02:04 AM   #6835 
TheCrabbyTabby

Its okay. If its on photobucket, just hover over the image with your mouse and then click on the link that has the [img] things on each end of it. It should say something about it being the link that shows an image when posted on forums. Copy it and paste it onto this forum when your posting and it should work.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:11 AM   #6836 
Greylady

OK thank you. It is on photobucket (although I only just signed up for that the other day so still trying to figure out how that works too) if I actually get something to work it's usually luck or chance, not because I know what I'm doing lol. I think it's because I'm trying to do it with my tablet so I will try again tomorrow with my laptop.. could be because it's 3:10 am and I need to sleep! Lol

Thanks for you're help, I'll try tomorrow.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:30 AM   #6837 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkayum View Post
Uhhh that's a good question. Haha! I took him in when the petco are in process getting rid of several dead betta fish. Me and my mother walked by the betta section and my mother spotted something and there was a purple betta! My mom said that he's beautiful and I never had seen a purple betta before and I found out that what they would plan to these sick bettas... the petco were planning to get rid of him too so I decided to ask the manager to make a deal and she agreed to sell it for a dollar. (We knew each other because I went to petco MANY times and was a good customer) lol. So I bought him and had a mini journey to Wendy's to eat. He was swimming and checking out what he sees. lol. I asked my parents what to name him, they couldn't think of a name lol. His colors remind me of Unicorn, normally I see unicorn toys or stuff with purple ish color something do with theme. So I named him Unicorn because of his colors. I thought it was kind weird but I got used to that name. My parents loved that name and thought it was cute for my purple betta fish.

Yeah for some weird reason I associated "dreamy" pastel colors with "Unicorn" too. Or a Pegasus, or My Little Pony .. . ha ha. The one I have that I used to call Unicorn has a white body and his fins are seafoam green in some light and shimmery purple in another light.

Your Unicorn is very very pretty! I love the lavenders and purples.

-----------
Greylady, I''m glad someone explained how to use photobucket to upload pics here because I thought I had to have them in my albums here to show them. I learned something today! :)
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:03 AM   #6838 
Emmalee01

These are my two 2.5 gallon tanks that house my VT's Godric and Grindlewald. They are by a Chinese brand LEO (very similar to DYMAXIQ and aqueon evolve tanks)
Emmalee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #6839 
Shamber

Quote:
Originally Posted by parakeeto225 View Post

I added some bio-zyme to make bacteria grow and make water levels to 0. (ammonia, nitrate, etc.) didnt add my betta yet.
You have the same kind of tank as me. Did yours come with a blue light and you changed it, or did it come with the bright one in the picture?
Shamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #6840 
Shamber

Hoping to upgrade Stephano's tank ASAP~!!! Anyone know what color gravel would help him show up better? He's a darker blue and red and against the black gravel it's pretty hard to see him.

Shamber is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank