Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #11 
lelei

Sounds more like scratches, if it's an acrylic type of tank..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #12 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaLover223 View Post
I need to find a way to clean my boys tanks and the way I am doing it makes them kinda weird. What is an easy way to clean them? And I want two new tanks for my guys it I want cheap ones. Does anyone know of a website to go to? It's got to be under five gallons as well.
There are some great 3 gallon tanks that are around 27-30$ one is a Hawkeye cylindrical tank, and I have it, and works great, with the different color changing LED lights, and a corner unit, also with a combo airstone/light changing effect that is a 3 gallon so I would look into those, both at Walmart
Old 07-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #13 
toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
There are some great 3 gallon tanks that are around 27-30$ one is a Hawkeye cylindrical tank, and I have it, and works great, with the different color changing LED lights, and a corner unit, also with a combo airstone/light changing effect that is a 3 gallon so I would look into those, both at Walmart

I have that cylindrical one :) I love the different colored lights; it's a beautiful tank. I bought it in a rush when I decided to rescue Percy on a whim; I'm truly surprised by how much I love it.

The halfmoon shaped one they have looks cool, too. The cylindrical one came with an airstone, but Percy looked like he was fighting his way to the top to breathe, so I took it out.

But, Walmart also sells a 10 gallon kit with tank and hood that is 30 dollars, so you get 7 extra gallons for free, basically. They also have a 5 gallon kit.

You may want to have a look around craigslist - people sell tanks on there for great prices all the time.

And, sorry for my first post - it was meant to say "shouldn't", not "should".
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #14 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
I have that cylindrical one :) I love the different colored lights; it's a beautiful tank. I bought it in a rush when I decided to rescue Percy on a whim; I'm truly surprised by how much I love it.

The halfmoon shaped one they have looks cool, too. The cylindrical one came with an airstone, but Percy looked like he was fighting his way to the top to breathe, so I took it out.

But, Walmart also sells a 10 gallon kit with tank and hood that is 30 dollars, so you get 7 extra gallons for free, basically. They also have a 5 gallon kit.

You may want to have a look around craigslist - people sell tanks on there for great prices all the time.

And, sorry for my first post - it was meant to say "shouldn't", not "should".
I was just looking at the 10 gal kit, the other day, but I cannot find space for the longer tanks, uggh, not yet anyways, I need another table or something to hold it.. So I have to get a stand first..
Old 07-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #15 
BettaLover223

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
A freind of mine did have her fish in a one gal bowl, and cupped the fish, with a small cup, and cleaned it out entirely, no soap, just washed with hot water, dumped the gravel rinsed it, and added it back premixed water with water conditioner, and added back to bowl, and accliminated her fishy slowly and let him go..
Okay, me, being stupid, put soap in it and now it has residue. What can I do to get rid of it so it doesn't look filthy?
BettaLover223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #16 
BettaLover223

Quote:
You should really ~need~ to wash it out - draining and possibly rinsing in hot water should be enough.

Do you have algae? What are you trying to wash off?
Me being stupid used soap and now it has residue that makes the tank look dirty though it is not.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #17 
toad

Did you try running it through the dish washer without detergent? A couple runs through there should get it clean. Or else, you could use a mild abrasive, like salt or baking soda and gently scrub the residue off.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #18 
BettaLover223

Quote:
Did you try running it through the dish washer without detergent? A couple runs through there should get it clean. Or else, you could use a mild abrasive, like salt or baking soda and gently scrub the residue off.
Hmm I have not tried to dish washer but I don't know how my mom would feel about dirty fish tanks going in there. I might do that
Old 07-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #19 
lelei

Vinegar, and hot water..or lemon juice..
Old 07-29-2012, 04:56 PM   #20 
lelei

White, distilled^^

Tags
betta aquarium cleaning