Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #11 
lelei

Oh that is cute..I love it:) Yea he looks fine, just have a thermometer, and get that heater, it's when they don't swim is when you have a problem..they get cold quickly.
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #12 
agrunner14

Thanks!

I just installed a heater. Funny to see my fish so unafraid of giant, foreign objects entering his tank. He swims right up to it as I'm installing it. I've kept the light in the tank off pretty much all day, just turned it on to take the picture. First fish is really nerve-wrecking because I just hope I'm doing everything right! haha
agrunner14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #13 
lelei

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrunner14 View Post
Thanks!

I just installed a heater. Funny to see my fish so unafraid of giant, foreign objects entering his tank. He swims right up to it as I'm installing it. I've kept the light in the tank off pretty much all day, just turned it on to take the picture. First fish is really nerve-wrecking because I just hope I'm doing everything right! haha
Oh, beleive me your not the first, as we all were newbies at one time, and I for one, did a lot of research, and came across this forum, so I am glad your here, and this is the place to get the info you need to become a more confident betta owner, and you are doing fine, and checkin in and updating us with your concerns are the reason why we all are here
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #14 
MollyJean

He really is an amazing looking fish. Where did you pick him up? And lucky! That tank looks really nice, and it'll only get better.

For his light, a normal night/day cycle works fine. :)

If you want a few tips, I've got plenty..

When you can afford it, pick up a second heater and put it somewhere safe, a backup heater might save your boy's life some day.

Look for frozen brine shrimp or blood worms next time you're at the pet stop and have 3 bucks handy. One pack will last a long time! I wouldn't suggest freeze dried, but it is an option.

invest or re-purpose a second smaller tank to quarantine any plants or tank mates you pick up or to keep your betta in if he gets sick. I have a bunch of 1 gallon Rubbermaid containers for this, but you can use anything, really. Check the dollar store for containers and bowls.

You might want to pick up medication as you have the money. I would invest in Aquarium Salt, Sea Salt and Epsom Salt. They all have their uses for different minor and major illnesses. They're also very cheap and easy to come by.

And one last thing.. pictures! You have to give us as many as you can... well we love betta pictures.. but that is a beautiful fish! I'd love to see him closer up!
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #15 
agrunner14

Thank you! I got him from Pet Co. This is the closest picture I have of him right now. I took it when he was still in the container I got him in from the store.

agrunner14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #16 
914joe

Nice tank,nice fish i like the colors, maybe you should switch spiderman for
Attached Images

914joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #17 
jeremywadejunior

But Spiderman matches his colors almost perfectly! ;)
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #18 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

A very handsome boy and love the tank ! I know how you feel my betta is my first fish ever and had him two months now and I am still nervous everyday but I keep telling myself to relax and just enjoy watching him which I do ! My brother would love your tank he is a big Spiderman fan too !!! Enjoy and welcome to the forum if you have any questions just ask.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote